turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New .410 Ready to Go

Started by Gumby, February 12, 2018, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumby

Bought this TR Imports Silver Eagle Youth 410 for $160. Got it set up and ready to go for my daughters first year of hunting. Russian vent rib red dot that uses fiber optic and no batteries. Fixed full choke measuring .390in. I have some Apex loads to try. Hope it patterns decently out to 30yds

owlhoot

haywoodhunter

Nice! What are the details on that red dot? It's very interesting

Gumby

It's a VOMZ Pilad PF 01x25 Russian dot. It mounts to vent rib. All aluminum. Uses a large fiber optic rod to gather and project light onto the glass optic. I'm actually very impressed with it. I did have to do some drilling of the vent rib to get the mounting brackets to fit. The spaces between the barrel and rib were very narrow/thin on this gun with it being a .410. The sight would have mounted flawlessly on a regular 12 or 20ga

wisconsinteacher

Is the red dot adjustable or fixed?

Swampchickin234

Gumby give us some more info. I'm intreagued as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumby

The VOMZ dot is very crude in its adjustments for elevation and windage. There are set screws that change the angulation and left/right position of the sight on the vent rib. Once I shoot the gun I will post back about how easy it was to adjust.

mozart_hunter

Did you shoot the gun yet? Curious on how it did with the fixed full choke and how the sight worked out.

Gumby

I did shoot it. Site is bright and and I love it but it wasn't adjustable enough for my POI. I switched to a b-square cantilever and mounted a try-25. Here is the 35yd pattern