turkeys for tomorrow

I finally found my load choke setup. Federal TSS 3” #7

Started by Shane Tillery, February 11, 2018, 09:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane Tillery

BINK McCARTY

Shane Tillery

Shane Tillery

Sorry it was 35 yds. Where I usually shoot was under water from all the rain so I just settled for 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Super tight pattern.
Believe that is too tight for me anyway. I would have to open it up.
Aim small .

Loose Wire

Care to give us any clues; you know, gun, barrel, choke, load, etc.? 

batsonbe

That pattern looks awesome, maybe over choked? I'm shocked to not see more on the paper surrounding the Toms head. I'm sure the shell has more pellets in it than what's in the paper

davisd9

Pattern looks blown.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: davisd9 on February 14, 2018, 03:05:00 PM
Pattern looks blown.

No core, trailing from high left to low right.  I'd tend to agree.  Over choked and likely blown pattern...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

BandedSpur

And BTW, TSS 7s are great for body shooting giant Canada geese, but extreme, and I mean extreme, overkill for head shooting turkeys.

Shane Tillery

Quote from: Loose Wire on February 14, 2018, 11:27:32 AM
Care to give us any clues; you know, gun, barrel, choke, load, etc.?
I'm shooting a Remington 870 12 ga with a 26" barrel. Choke is a Carlson Longbeard .660. I'm also shooting a tru glo gobble stopper red dot

RemingtonRules

Might tight. I would wait until they get to 40+ so I would not miss. 

bbcoach

:welcomeOG:  Shane.  A couple of things you might try to see what your pattern is doing is 1. Find some paper that is 30"X 30" and shoot at 40 yards.  This will show what your pattern is really doing.  Butcher paper or Lowe's sells paint paper that is that wide.  Normally, you want a nice even pattern out to 20 inches from center.  Remington's seem to like chokes in the .665 range.  Check out the Remington pattern Pic section for some patterns, chokes utilized and ammo.  Many guys on here have done extensive research and have posted PICS so you can see their results.  Welcome again and Good Luck.