OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hustlin' Hen by Billy White

Started by Cut N Run, March 28, 2017, 04:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

Just curious how many here hunt with a Hustlin' Hen box made by Billy White of Abbeville, Alabama?  A few years ago, one of my best friends was set up about 100 yards from me just on the other side of the ridge and I swear, it sounded like he'd turned into a real hen.  That call sounded great!  It has accounted for a lot of birds for him and I understand why.  He also bought one for his son, who makes his sing as well.  I've got one about 5 years ago that I haven't taken in the woods yet, because I kinda feel naked without a long box.  I bought a second one for another friend in Arkansas, who loves it and has had great success with his as well.

I prefer a one piece box compared to a glued box.  I've heard some fantastic glued boxes, but ever since I had a glued box of mine break, I've had a hard time trusting them. I know I really need get over it, but a good sounding one piece box is awfully hard to beat.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Spitten and drummen

Alot of guys swear by it. I had 2 personally and now have none. I just didnt like the design and I never could get it to sound right to my ears. It doesnt help when you have around a 100 box calls in your invetory to choose from. I have and I have heard a bunch of box calls that sound better to me personally. That being said , that call will definately call and kill birds and is the only box many will carry.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

MossRem

I once had a good friend who was wise in the ways of the woods and was a hunting guide. He used to say that "Billy White calls sound like something live in your hand". They will bring a turkey in, no doubt. I have hunted several seasons with mine.

shoer2

I always have hustlin hen in my vest.it has called in a lot of birds.

goblr77

That's my favorite box. I have four of them. One has been used heavily and been the last sound many longbeards heard.