OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I want to hear some Cody Calls

Started by BottomLand54, February 07, 2018, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Quote from: idratherb on February 17, 2018, 03:56:15 PM
Dale Earnhardt, Michael Jordan & Tiger Woods were arrogant too, I always rooted for them. In fact my two favorite trumpet makers aren't warm and fuzzy when I call and place my order but who cares if they make IMO the best product i'll Continue to buy it.

What does a pro athlete have to do with a business that has a product they are trying to sell? The whole concept of a business model is your customer is supposed to be happy with the product and the service you provide them and they will keep coming back.

Comparing a pro athletes personality to a small business is pretty apples to oranges. Unless you're Comcast or Att and people have no option other then your product you won't be in business a long time with poor service.

To be clear I don't know anything about bill just making a comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 17, 2018, 06:07:29 PM
Quote from: idratherb on February 17, 2018, 03:56:15 PM
Dale Earnhardt, Michael Jordan & Tiger Woods were arrogant too, I always rooted for them. In fact my two favorite trumpet makers aren't warm and fuzzy when I call and place my order but who cares if they make IMO the best product i'll Continue to buy it.

What does a pro athlete have to do with a business that has a product they are trying to sell? The whole concept of a business model is your customer is supposed to be happy with the product and the service you provide them and they will keep coming back.

Comparing a pro athletes personality to a small business is pretty apples to oranges. Unless you're Comcast or Att and people have no option other then your product you won't be in business a long time with poor service.

To be clear I don't know anything about bill just making a comment

idratherb hit is square - its exactly the same. The black #3 was trying to get viewers in the door at the GMC dealership, Jordan trying to get you to buy Nike products, etc. Now look at Under Armor stock price after Jordan Speith won his first couple majors - through the roof. He is well liked and approachable for a pro athlete and it pays off.

Where I disagree, it matters to me how I am treated. So vendors go to these outdoor shows, and how they behave is important; I try not to buy turkey calls or hunting equipment or anything for that matter from people or reps who are rude, nor will I spend my money on gear pushed by a rude athlete.

I have met Dick Kirby, Harold Knight, Denny Gulvas, Ralph Snodgrass, among others and all could not have been more gracious with their time, more polite, and more courteous. Never met Mr. Bob Fulchar, Mr. Tony Ezolt, or Mr. Sam Pharr personally, for example, but boy do they treat customers very well.

Conversely, there is a certain tuRkeY TrumPet I will never own...no thanks, not putting my money in that pocket, couldn't care any less about this trumpet if I actually tried, and I do not want to hear someone run theirs. Rudeness doesn't kill more turkeys.

When a sole proprietor or company demonstrates humility, appreciation, respect, etc. that will keep me a vocal, supportive and loyal customer for a long, long time. I'm not paying to be mistreated or disrespected. I've heard Cody calls, and they are high quality for many years. I don't carry one though.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

reynolds243

No #3 wasn't trying to get people in the door he was trying to win races and win money period. I assume you Jordan was not trying to sell shoes or the bulls he was trying to win championships and compete. GMC was trying to get people in the door and that's the difference. If your a pro athlete making millions you don't need GMC, sure it's nice and you try and do your part to make it work but your goal is to WIN and that's it.

A small business is nothing like that, sure they hire some hot shot turkey caller that millions view on tv and he isn't the nicest fellow then sure they are the same. A guy or gal trying to sell a turkey call to a small group of audience can't afford to put people off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

I've run Cody calls since the 80's.....Granted, Bill is not always the most pleasant person to deal with, I still use his calls allot....I've spoke to Bill on good and bad days...Deb, Bill's wife has always been a sweet lady to deal with....

Bill has ALWAYS stood behind his products, whenever I had an issue, which have been few...

I understand, the point of not wanting to spend your hard earned money on a call from a maker, who doesn't treat you like a valued customer.....

Only you can make up your mind to spend whatever amount, you feel a call is worth to you....

Good hunting, fella's.....

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

BottomLand54

Ima step on some toes right here, my dad worked for the number 3 for years i grew up around the Earndhardt famlily, I was young and played us kids played at the big Christmas party, however Dale was top notch country boy. He raced to win but would give you the shirt off his back.

If call builders would be like Earnhardt we wouldnt have 3 year wait times hahaha.

Also as far as customer service goes i want someone who is respectful and i own calls from respectful builders. I am like others posted i dont care how good the call is if i am calling to get a personalized custom call, dealing with the builder is part of that experience. I have went to another gun shop and ordered a gun and paid more for it just because the gun shop that had it in stock had a poor attitude.

enough of my rant. WHO WANTS TO MAIL ME A SPEC 1 OR A WORLD CLASS TO TRY OUT? I will mail it back.

southern_leo

Guys, I posted my comments as an honest review. If you disagree that's fine but let's not argue here. My father was a business owner and his father before him. I know how customers should and shouldn't be treated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

Quote from: southern_leo on February 17, 2018, 09:50:18 PM
Guys, I posted my comments as an honest review. If you disagree that's fine but let's not argue here. My father was a business owner and his father before him. I know how customers should and shouldn't be treated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i was told the same things over the phone and treated the same way over the phone. i wasnt going to say anything because i thought it was just me.

thanks for your honest opinion

PALongspur

Quote from: boatpaddle on February 17, 2018, 07:59:49 PM
I've run Cody calls since the 80's.....Granted, Bill is not always the most pleasant person to deal with, I still use his calls allot....I've spoke to Bill on good and bad days...Deb, Bill's wife has always been a sweet lady to deal with....

Bill has ALWAYS stood behind his products, whenever I had an issue, which have been few...

I understand, the point of not wanting to spend your hard earned money on a call from a maker, who doesn't treat you like a valued customer.....

Only you can make up your mind to spend whatever amount, you feel a call is worth to you....

Good hunting, fella's.....

My experiences with Bill mirror Zumer's to a "T". As he said, Debbie couldn't be nicer to deal with.

Nonetheless, the calls speak for themselves. You'll never see mine for sale.

Cskinner86

:santaclaus: can you send me some pics and price on the 11-87 and 870

bghunter777

I have never had anything other than positive experiences with Bill and Cody Calls I have tried hard to find a call that sounds more like a turkey I buy at least one or two custom calls a year and nothing sounds better than a Cody Slate.

Happy hooker

I think we should send Cody a response email request etc,,to have a Cody world class to try at next year's nwtf,,I would like to hear one,,,$200 is not that much of a deterrent to serious guys,,platz's  are going for more on the board and fiddle boxes are $225 and those go fast.

2nd 100

I will say I have had Cody calls since tbe late 80 's . Bill Zearing took the time to polish off my Pot calling skills in Atlanta at the Nationals in @ 92 , yes he was grouchy , nonetheless he took the time. Yes he has always been about the same every time I have met him , but I still say his calls speak for themselves. I own world class and spec 1 's and I hunt his Envy slates and cheapest glass calls. They kill turkeys !
Imho they are the best production calls made , read production , several CUSTOM call makers rival or exceed Cody . spend YOUR money where you think best , qualify that by value , product reliability, sound or how nice the ol cuss selling it is.lol be your own judge. If You run them I really believe you will be surprised how good the call really are .

ShootingABN!

Wow they must really sing for $200. I have a Cody woodsman that I got in 2001, on sale at Walmart. It's taken quite a few long beards.

Good luck to everyone.

yelpy

Quote from: ShootingABN! on April 28, 2018, 08:02:04 PM
Wow they must really sing for $200. I have a Cody woodsman that I got in 2001, on sale at Walmart. It's taken quite a few long beards.

Good luck to everyone.
I hope mine does too

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk