turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Special Bird

Started by Trumpetyelper, April 27, 2018, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumpetyelper

My wife started hunting in 2009, and was very proud to be part of a small pact of outdoor ladies.  Her father was battling esophageal cancer at the time, and they talked constantly about her upcoming adventures. She was excited, and so was he.   Her father Jerry's cancer spread much more rapidly that expected, and we lost him shortly after her new found passion for the outdoors came alive.  This morning after she successfully harvested her first bird she started crying.  I asked her why she was crying, and she said "I promised my dad that I would get a bird for him".  This was the first I have heard of the promise, and it makes me sad that life's circumstances prevented me from helping her fulfill this promise sooner.  She is one of the most selfless people I know, and this is a hunt that I will not soon forget.

KentuckyHeadhunter

That's just awesome and I think it's even more special that it was kind of a "secret" between dad and her.  She did it for him and him only.  Congrats to you both and sorry for the loss.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Bless her heart, I wish her many more and every time she gets one I hope she thinks of her dad.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Sixes

Good story, but I know it was hard on her being flooded with thoughts of he Dad