Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Current quality of Lonnie Sneed pot calls?

Started by raven105, February 05, 2018, 09:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBRANNON

Patience, grasshopper.

HookedonHooks

Good to hear the issue resolved itself!!! A little attention brought upon it was all it needed.

Edit: I actually think some funny business is going on here boys. Two new posts in the last two days saying Lonnie is sole call maker. And additionally all the old posts about Jason making calls and helping fill orders have been deleted.

aclawrence

Maybe whatever it was will get straightened out. Maybe it was nothing. It would be great if a family member was able to dive in and learn how the process works and keep it going. If they were really passionate about it.  I'm looking forward to trying out my calls. Hopefully they will be here soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_leo

From y'alls posts it sounds like the grandson is thinking more of the business side of it as opposed to the hunting side. I, as many other call makers, started making calls because I LOVE TURKEY HUNTING!! if I'm able to make a few bucks doing something I love then that's fantastic, but I love getting photos of birds killed with my calls more than anything. And when someone calls you because they heard about your calls or saw photos from a friend it makes you feel good. If you start cutting corners just trying to make a buck I think you lose long term. Do it because you love it and the money will follow. I think Sneed Sr did this and his work showed his passion and love for turkey hunting. Then when the grandson got involved it seems like more business minded decisions were made.  Just a theory.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

I just received a hot hen slate Wednesday that I ordered. The finish was a little rough with some glue and fingerprints on the pot finish. The striker tip had some flat spots on it but the call sounds great. The striker makes all my calls sound better surprisingly.

chbarnha

What are the prices of his pots now? Just curious.... I know what I just paid and wondering if some was getting skimmed off the top

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: chbarnha on February 10, 2018, 08:52:21 PM
What are the prices of his pots now? Just curious.... I know what I just paid and wondering if some was getting skimmed off the top
$55

KYHeadhunter02

He must have went up. I thought they were around 40ish with the covers. Not saying that they are not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

Mine was $55 +$7.20 shipping. That was 3 weeks ago

chbarnha

Mine was 55 as well.... kept seeing the 40 number was just curious.  They are still worth the money

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Happy hooker

chuckward

raven105

Quote from: Cottonmouth on February 10, 2018, 09:25:20 PM
Mine was $55 +$7.20 shipping. That was 3 weeks ago

I just paid $60 each for a Hot Hen & Outlaw Hen with $10 shipping. That was dealing with the grandson this week through PayPal. 

chuckward

He's been rolling you boys britches up!  Lol

aclawrence

I paid $55 also a few weeks ago.