News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3.5 Extinction????

Started by 1iagobblergetter, January 30, 2018, 05:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 30, 2018, 05:51:12 AM
Y'all can shoot all the 3.5s you want..... I ain't that big a boy to endure hurting my neck and shoulder due to the recoil. It is not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Already done it...don't recommend it.

owlhoot

Quote from: Gobble! on January 30, 2018, 08:54:40 AM
Until I can't handle the recoil of a 3.5" shell I'll continue to throw 2.5oz of shot at turkeys. Bigger is better for me.

2.5 oz of 9's
Ol Gobble creates a bug free zone between him and the turkey!

ddturkeyhunter

Bought a lot of different boxes of shells to find what shoots best in my gun and the 3.5 did terrific in my gun. Kick I don't know, when I check for sight in I use a bench. And only need that one shot to kill the turkey and being so excited don't feel nothing.  :fud:

idratherb

never felt my 3.5" had much of a kick to feel the need to go to a 20 gauge

longbeardbuster

Can't see the 3.5 going away. I'm fine with my 3 inch. My new duck and goose gun is even 3 and lower.

Gooserbat

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 30, 2018, 10:38:42 AM
hate to say it , but my 20ga shooting #9 tss will do any and everything a 12 ga 3-1/2" will do with factory loads in a lighter and less kicking package.

Exactly
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

idgobble

My 70 yr. old single shot 2 3/4" seems to kill them just as dead as my young friend's 3 1/2".   

trkehunr93

I go to the chiropractor already so whatever damage I do from the few 3.5" shells I shoot he corrects on a regular basis.

longbeardbuster

Quote from: idgobble on January 30, 2018, 12:39:59 PM
My 70 yr. old single shot 2 3/4" seems to kill them just as dead as my young friend's 3 1/2".

Love the picture. I just bought a H&R single shot 12G full barrel. Always wanted one since I was 13 and my friend had one. Finally got it.

owlhoot

Probably be around for a while.
I personally haven't used one in years,went 20 gauge a while back and see no need for anything else.
Can handle the recoil but just don't want to!

SFCSNOW

aaron

As someone else stated, 3.5" will
Continue on due to waterfowlers and steel shot.  Tss is legal for waterfowl, but when you are shooting 25+ rounds per hunt there aren't many guys who can afford that haha.  Steel is bad enough.

Tennessee Lead

I've dropped back to a 3" for now. I'm not saying I'll never shoot 3.5" again but as long as I'm getting the pattern I'm currently getting with a 3" I'm sticking with it.

Uncle Nicky

Yoder409

Not going anywhere any time soon, I don't think.

3.5" shells, in my experience, will USUALLY out perform any other lead shotshell given proper choking.  Run them through a gas gun and the recoil is a non-issue.  HTL raises the bar.  But not everyone is enthusiastic about the exorbitant price tag. 

I believe the 3.5" is safe for quite some time to come.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.