OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Morels & Chicadees

Started by culpeper, April 16, 2011, 04:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

A Sapele lid with quatersawn cherry edge inlays over a cherry box set on a matching sapele base.  This call is headed to Texas for a very patient customer.  The woodburning that seems to have overtaken me I believe has come from an inspiration through the passing of my mom 3 weeks ago.  I have always been able to draw...well while building calls a little bit ago she asked about drawing on the calls and then it hit me--woodburning and the rest they say is history.  This caller is the raspy call I have built in several weeks..it just starts out hot, rools over real sharp and gets real raspy for the finish--just what the customer ordered--hope them Rio's like it!

Chicadees are my favorite bird and I can't tell you how many have landed on my arrow as I have sat in the tree stand over the years...they are just so curious and unafraid--just love the darn little things.   As a matter of fact I had one land on the toe of boot this am while scouting under the roost :D

Thanks for looking everyone.

Tnturkey71

Cut*N*Run

cannonball

Horner

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

smurf

Those Texas turkeys don't stand a chance.   Beautiful work.  Isn't it amazing how mom's know us better than we know ourselves. 
If you can't stand behind our troops.  Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fox Fire

I usually dont post comments about the calls that you gents make, all are very nice & I wish I had the kind of talent to produce some of teh works of art ya'll do. but for some reason this call really catches my eye.

A genuine job well done to ya sir, the wood and the pictures are just perfect & I'm sure whoever gets this call will be more than pleased, when a person uses ther imagination that God gave them you get extrodinairy results.

Keep up the good work, and if by some chance the buyer backs out let me know.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

silverspur

The wood burning art work on your calls are great!   :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

M,Yingling

Some great lookin art work  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

bowhunter84

Trevor2

Absoloutely beautiful call.... I'm sure this would have tickled ur mom and was exactly what she had in mind. I'd almost have to keep the first one if she had inspired it.
Strutstopper

culpeper

Trevor, trust me when I say this, I get attached to every call I make and hate to let them out the door.  I just so glad that you all and my customers like them as much as I do.  Thanks again everyone for all the kind words--it means a lot knowing I am helping others to more fully enjoy what we have bbeen given on this great earth--no go make some jelly heads! :z-guntootsmiley:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions