OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

When you have to “go”

Started by 17hornethunter, January 28, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Quote from: FullChoke on January 28, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 28, 2018, 04:23:06 PM
Guys , do you know they sale a paperback book that tells you how to CRAP in the woods, we have a copy at our hunting cabin and we have all the kids ready this book.

You can also use it page by page. You can get around 65 BMs out of the paperback edition.

Cheers  ;D
Yes you can for sure...

NCbowjunkie

My wife has asked me why I come home with only 1 sock

Uncle Nicky

Still old school, I prefer to use an oak leaf or two, white oaks seem to be a little softer.

davisd9

I just keep a small roll of angel soft in a sandwich bag with hand sanitize and a paper towel or two.  Enough to spoil yourself but not get on a high horse.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Uncle Nicky on January 29, 2018, 08:01:07 AM
Still old school, I prefer to use an oak leaf or two, white oaks seem to be a little softer.
:TooFunny:   Just makes sure you don't accidently grab a poison oak leaf instead...

CtRider

I keep some baby wipes and some TP in a baggie as well.

One hunt we were running and gunning and while waiting for the first gobble. Nature called. Shortly after I was done, my buddy had to go too. He finishes up and we're now lighter and ready.

We hear our first gobbles and head off in that direction. No joke, not long after we later heard roosted birds right about where we did our business.

Gamblinman

The organized turkey hunter will manage his diet and awake early enough each morning to relieve himself before the hunts begins, eliminating the need to be afield when the moment arises.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

FullChoke

I have had several start gobbling while I was dropping some wolf bait. Just like the silent dog whistle from several years ago, I believe that gobblers can hear the low frequency emanations of the active lower intestine. They shock gobble over the mere notion that someone is defiling the sanctity of their home.

:turkey:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

guesswho

:thanks:
Quote from: Gamblinman on January 29, 2018, 09:34:12 AM
The organized turkey hunter will manage his diet and awake early enough each morning to relieve himself before the hunts begins, eliminating the need to be afield when the moment arises.
I'm far from organized, but this is pretty much my routine.   In 50 plus years of turkey hunting I can't ever remember having to go.  And most of those years it's been from sunup to either a dead bird or sunset, whichever came first.  Now one of my buddy's who is pure death on turkeys, that's the first thing he does when he gets out of the truck in the mornings.  I've ask him just about every time why don't you just go at home before we leave.   He said it don't work like that.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Dammm,...we are getting hard up for sh*t to talk about...(pun intended,...or is it "puck"?)   ;D :toothy9:

tha bugman

aloe wet wipes...keeps chafing down...leaves if nothing else, I am keeping my socks.

HFultzjr

Early morning hike almost always results in a "go" situation!
Wipes are usually in my pack.
The times I don't have any I find a nice round stick and clean it out using several patches like I clean my guns. I have tried a Boresnake, but couldn't get it through the entire way!
:newmascot:

GobbleNut

Quote from: HFultzjr on January 29, 2018, 11:21:24 AM
The times I don't have any I find a nice round stick and clean it out using several patches like I clean my guns. I have tried a Boresnake, but couldn't get it through the entire way!

From what I have heard from some of the guys on here, the bad thing about your Boresnake is that he will eat your gerbils,.......or so I've heard.   :toothy12: :newmascot: :toothy12:

BottomLand54

Quote from: 17hornethunter on January 28, 2018, 08:36:03 PM
Bottomland, you seem to have a hard time with the word "puck". I'll try to explain it to you. It's basically the shape of a chew can or hockey puck, but much smaller. I find them to be convenient.

Question for you.

What is poison Ivey? Or poised oak? I could have sworn it was poison ivy and poison oak. But, what do I know ? :happy0064:
Lol I didn't know what a puck was, thank you for telling me. And as far as my spelling goes, I am terrible with spelling and grammar.

You guys crack me up and give me a laugh that I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

Quote from: HFultzjr on January 29, 2018, 11:21:24 AM
Early morning hike almost always results in a "go" situation!
Wipes are usually in my pack.

Dude I just about broke a rib laughing at this. Bahahahahahaha hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk