OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vest vs. Satchel

Started by aclawrence, January 20, 2018, 11:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrDirtNap

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on January 21, 2018, 09:33:33 AM
Well my apologies if my joke offended any person. But quite Frankly i think you are giving my words way to much weight. And if someone is taking my joke as a decision on whether or not to use something well then I feel sorry for them. Let me say winchester shells are horrible and see how sales drop.
see your still making fun of us with this post... I support anyone who wants to help us turkey hunter in a good way... Do you own one of Glenda satchel ? Because if you don't you have no way of knowing if a vest is better..

Happy

I am NOT making fun of anyone. I through out a humorous and generalized statement. Obviously a few people took way more from it than was intented. I clarified that such people should NOT take it as anything but a joke and that such people should rethink things. But it I'll take that down and everyone can go back to their warm fuzzies. Really glad my family spent so much time serving in the military for the freedom of speech we all enjoy. Good day.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on January 21, 2018, 09:54:14 AM
I am NOT making fun of anyone. I through out a humorous and generalized statement. Obviously a few people took way more from it than was intented. I clarified that such people should NOT take it as anything but a joke and that such people should rethink things. But it I'll take that down and everyone can go back to their warm fuzzies. Really glad my family spent so much time serving in the military for the freedom of speech we all enjoy. Good day.
I agree with freedom of Speech, my son Just graduated this past Friday from the United States Air Force he's airman and is serving his country... Good day my friend...

Happy

Good day to you and tell you son thanks for what he does from me. I have one that I feel is a son to me currently in training in Texas. He heads to Wyoming next.

Happy

aclawrence

Just a side note, I'm a new guy here and it was obviously a joke to me which I thought was funny.  Also I think Glenda's satchels look very nice and happy's comment wouldn't sway my decision one way or another if anyone is seriously worried about that. Come on guys.  Seriously are y'all texting about that.  I think I'm still leaning toward the satchel/pack combo.  I don't think I would like carrying a turkey on a Paracord tote. I can picture looping the satchel over the top of the frame and just grabbing it off when I set up.  I think I would feel safer with the bird concealed on my back. 

Side note, do any of you carry your box in a leather holster with a dangler. My knife carries so well that way. It seems like it would work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

On a serious note a satchel is not for me. I like to move silently and efficiently. A strap over my shoulder with a bag on my side ain't gonna do it for me. I hate branches rubbing on stuff and straps catching limbs. I like stuff that fits close to my body and is fairly silent. My gun is almost never on my shoulder. And I often take the sling off and put it in my gamebag. Most of the new vest won't cut it because they are too bulky also. Have all these pockets sticking out off of the sides. If I ever ditch a vest then I will just put stuff in my pockets and go. But I doubt that will happen. I say match what you use to the style of hunting you do. For me a simple vest does it.

compton30

I prefer a vest. I also liked Happy's comment. I wouldn't be dissuaded from buying a great product because of a joke. And they millenials are offended by everything. Sheesh.

aclawrence

Hey what about if Glenda took her design and added shoulder straps to wear on your back. That might be pretty cool.  I'm also not crazy about the satchel strap but I really like the looks of her bag. I'm not saying Glenda's strap but just that style of strap in general. I tried a backpack that would sling over that way once and I just like the traditional two straps better.

Happy

Quote from: aclawrence on January 21, 2018, 10:59:31 AM
Hey what about if Glenda took her design and added shoulder straps to wear on your back. That might be pretty cool.  I'm also not crazy about the satchel strap but I really like the looks of her bag. I'm not saying Glenda's strap but just that style of strap in general. I tried a backpack that would sling over that way once and I just like the traditional two straps better.

And there you have it. You could put twenty  serious turkey hunters in a room and ask them to design a vest and it would be a long day. Everyone has things they like and don't like. Most is accumulated over experience and style of hunting. Heck I even modify the vest I use to suit me better. Glenda may make the best satchel out there. I have no idea and can't comment on it. I know it won't work for me so it doesn't matter. I don't carry a box call either. It's to bulky and clunky and I just don't want to pack one. Obviously they have been a very effective call but it doesn't suit my style.

BottomLand54

I personally like pocketbooks I can carry my hair brush, my Murrow, my lipstick, my lotion, my hand sanitizer, my diapers and pacifier's, along with bandaids and foot cream for the ones who complain their vest is too heavy or there feet are hurting or there pocket book is digging in there shoulder.

BahahHah I love all y'all! Y'all make me smile and give me great things to read. Personally I wear a vest but have looked at the satchels or pocket books as y'all call em lol. I know who I am in Christ and don't worry about what folks say or think I just use what I like and others use what they like and just Praise God we can live in America and worship Jesus and stand for the national anthem and bear arms and hunt turkeys AMENNNNNN

aclawrence

Amen brother. But I really hope your lipstick is camouflage lol!

TalksToTurkeys

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/edginess

I hope Winchester lowers the price of their shells when sales drop.  :TooFunny:

I may get one of Glenda's satchels this year. Sometimes I use an ALPS vest other times l use a Rocky Mountain Coyote pack. The satchel would add another option.
Maybe l could talk her into making it in ASAT.  :jackson:

southern_leo

Only a vest. Never used a satchel and not really interested. This is because I woods hunt and get into some thick stuff where I even have to carry my gun because I'm fighting thorns and brush and can't keep a strap on my shoulder, and I use a claw sling lol. I just like the hands free ability of the vest. It would be impractical for me to have a shotgun sling, satchel sling, chair sling, and turkey toted. I'm sure you figure out a system but it's just not for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk