turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Youth 20 ga question

Started by eorlando, January 29, 2018, 11:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I just picked up a youth 870 20 Gauge and found a knoxx recoil reducing stock on eBay. I'm getting ready to put together a gun for my 8 year old daughter to shoot at the end of February. What would be my best option for putting a red dot or other sort of scope on there for her to use without having to get it drilled and tapped. What would be the best option for a red dot or scope as well? I appreciate the advice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Coop1082

You could always go saddle mount or a rib mount for a Fastfire 3 or Vortex Venom. A lot of people are worried to use either because of recoil but I've witnessed buddies who have been pumping 3.5s out of their 12s for years and their saddle mount has never once come loose nor has their red dot or scope lost zero. The rib vent style would obviously be more aesthetic if you care about that but either should do the job just fine without having to worry with D&T! I have a 20 870 youth set up with just Williams Fire Sights on it. Understandable wanting a little better optic for a child as even I struggle sometimes with the Fire Sights. That 20 will be a bonafide killer when your done with it and you'll probably find yourself in the woods  with it more often than not!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

strutnva

B-square saddle mount and Burris FF III and your done.

nitro

Personally, I would pay to have the gun drilled and tapped. Sumtoy red dot mount and either a FF3 or the Vortex.

Mounting directly to the receiver will be rock solid and low profile..  Just one man's opinion.
Royal Slam 2008

Spring Fever

If your on a budget and can't do the Ff3 or Venom... Go with a Bushel TRS-25 and a b-square saddle mount you could do both for about $70 give or take. Rock solid sight and mount.
But if you go with a Ff3 or venom have it drilled and tapped for either a 336 mount from Burris or William at Sumtoy.
Good luck and try not to carry it more than she does LOL!!

FLGobstopper

Don't even hesitate, send it to William at Sumtoy and have him drill and tap it and then mount his low profile base to it. I've had him do work on three different guns including an 870 youth and he's the best.

limhnger

Quote from: FLGobstopper on January 29, 2018, 08:33:00 PM
Don't even hesitate, send it to William at Sumtoy and have him drill and tap it and then mount his low profile base to it. I've had him do work on three different guns including an 870 youth and he's the best.

what's the cost for drill/tap/mount job?

born2hunt

Quote from: limhnger on January 29, 2018, 09:53:46 PM
Quote from: FLGobstopper on January 29, 2018, 08:33:00 PM

what's the cost for drill/tap/mount job?

50 bucks for the mount and 10 to drill and tap. And he'll put it on. Of course you have shipping but you will not regret the finished product I can assure you.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."