OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fast fire 3 sight in.

Started by Bustabeak, March 21, 2018, 03:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

When sighting in your guns, do you try to do that on a calm day? How much does wind effect a pattern at 40 yards? Also, I started with some cheap target load to sight in, but typically how much is a target load off from a magnum load

Gobbler428

I just finished sighting in my SBE 2 and used target loads. I picked a calm day so as not to have an issue with the wind at 40 yards. The target loads got me dead on the target at 40 yards but the center of the pattern was about 4 inches low with LB #5's.  I don't know if this is typical or not, just my experience.

Bustabeak

Quote from: Gobbler428 on March 22, 2018, 08:24:43 PM
I just finished sighting in my SBE 2 and used target loads. I picked a calm day so as not to have an issue with the wind at 40 yards. The target loads got me dead on the target at 40 yards but the center of the pattern was about 4 inches low with LB #5's.  I don't know if this is typical or not, just my experience.
That is exactly what happened with me. I shot federal 7-1/2. 1290 fps and hit dead on at 30. Then any magnum load would be 5 to 6 inches low. The LB #6 are only traveling at 1200 FPS. So I was guessing this had something to do with it.