OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dead Ringer Beard Buster

Started by MarineRaider1, March 06, 2018, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarineRaider1

Anybody ever used a Dead Ringer Beard Buster shotgun sight for turkeys? If so what did you think about it? Good or Bad? Thanks for any input guys.

buzzardroost

I do and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double B

Have used them on 2 guns over several years, very happy with them. They help me focus on the target not the sight. Haven't had any problems and they stay mounted tight.
Followed by buzzards

IdahoMountainGobble

I've used one for the past 3 years and really love it. Simple to put on and easy to adjust.

MarineRaider1

Thanks guys. I got one of Amazon for $13 and installed it on my Mossberg yesterday. Haven't shot it yet, too windy today, going to try to shoot it tomorrow. Any tips on adjusting it or do they even need much adjusting? Thanks for the help.

HFultzjr

I love mine. I have read some complaints about screws stripping, so after I got it to where I wanted it, I used a drop a blue lok-tite, snugged up and they have never moved. My Mossberg 500 with 20 inch barrel and 3 inch mags kick like a mule.
:newmascot:

MarineRaider1

What kind of adjustments did y'all have to make?

buzzardroost

You can adjust by moving up and down the rib. They have alittle side to side adjustment but not much. I got mine lined up pretty easy and loc tite in place. If your shotgun is way off POA/POI, it may not have enough adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double B

I didn't have to adjust.   You use a base plate that fits your rib and it should be good. 
Followed by buzzards

MarineRaider1

Thanks guys. I'm going to shoot mine in the next couple of days and if I need any advice I'll post it on here and see if y'all can help. I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but every encounter I've had with another member on here has been positive. I'm a member of some other hunting forums and a lot of times if you try to ask a serious question on some of them you get a lot of smart a's, jokesters and know it alls. That being said Thanks to the members of Old Gobbler that take the time to actually help another hunter and help them learn about turkey hunting.

daddyduke

Have them on both my 870s. Very happy with them.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

MarineRaider1

Finally got a chance to take the Mossberg out and shoot it with the Dead Ringer on it and I really like it. Only a few more days until season starts here in Alabama and I'm ready to use it on some Toms.

HFultzjr

Good luck.
They should do the job just fine.
:fud: :OGani:

MarineRaider1

Finally got out and shot my Beard Buster and I was beyond happy. It was accurate outof the box, no adjustment needed. I shot triple Beard and SX #4&5 both worked well and patterned well. I believe they should either do well on birds.