turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bushnell TRS-25 Help!

Started by aclawrence, February 04, 2018, 02:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Hey guys, I would really like to throw a red dot on my 870 before turkey season this year. My brother has a Burris FF3 on one of his Glocks and that little dot looks so much better than that big ole bead on my shotgun.  Now I've dusted a lot of birds with the regular old bead but I'm wanting the dot now. The Burris would be my first choice but I can't afford it right now so it looks like the Bushnell is another crowd favorite. So there was a TRS-25 on sale in the email from primaryarms the other day and it got me thinking about looking around and comparing prices. Well I looked on EBay and there are a ton of them on there in the $50 range. I was immediately suspicious they were knock offs. I also noticed they all had 399 reviews. Do y'all think these are all knockoffs coming from the same seller or have any of you tried one from eBay. If they are fakes I'm not really willing to try one just out cuz I hate the whole knockoff thing. You can't hardly trust anything on the flea bay anymore lol. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

Check these out  https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-trophy-red-dot-sight-with-rings-1x28mm-6-moa-red-dot-reticle-realtree-ap.html   I have the trophy red dot on my 835 and she only shoots 3 1/2 inch shells.  It hasn't changed POA/POI, in 10 years, since I installed it.  It has seen Florida, Kansas, South Dakota and Wisconsin, both in vehicles and on planes, during that time.  Hasn't let me down once.  Great scope IMO.  Good luck with your search.

aclawrence

Thanks. How do you like that 6moa dot?

Greg Massey

I have one of the Bushnell TR25 on one of my 12 gauge turkey guns and for the money it's hard to beat.. It's simple and light weight and it's it's easy to a just ...i got mine 4 year ago off Amazon for around 60 - 70 dollars... So if you can find one new for 50 dollars that's great price..

bbcoach

No problems with the 6 moa dot.  It doesn't cover much of the birds head and neck.  Field of view is AOK since it is only 1x power.  What I like with the red dots is once you sight the scope in, you don't have to worry about cheek weld.  Where the dot is where the shot string goes.  I've had to shoot a bird with the gun turned 90 degrees to the left to get around a tree and the bird never moved when I pulled the trigger. 

Tom Dooley

Amazon has them for $49.31. I like the one I have.

howl

Those regularly go for that on sale. If you're doing fine with just the bead, I'd stick with it instead of glued up China-best.

aclawrence

I didn't even check Amazon.  They were around $100 on all the gun sites so I just assumed the ones on eBay were fake lol. I'm going to see if there's anywhere to get my receiver drilled and taped locally then I might pick one up. Thanks guys

aclawrence

Sorry guys, just now realized there was an optics section.