News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Carpal tunnel???

Started by 1iagobblergetter, January 14, 2018, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrytrails

I suffered with it for over 10 years.

Got a different job with insurance that would pay for the surgery.

Had right hand done and went back to work in ten days. I regretted that but I had to at the time. Somewhat physical job at times.

I saved up for 2 years and had my left hand done. Took a month off and that was so much better.

Both of my hands were bad. I remember coming out of surgery the first time and rubbing my fingers together. That was the first time I had feeling in them for several years.

I had endoscopic surgery, minimal scaring. You can watch the surgery on YouTube.

I highly recommended it. I put it off way too long. But luckily I didn't have any nerve damage. I'm really happy with the results.

Only issue I had was trigger finger, it's caused  by scar tissue. A cortisone shot cleared that up.

I'm sure recovery is different, based on how severe it is and which way they do the surgery.

The endoscopic only left 2 tiny holes, one on wrist and the other in the middle of my hand.

I've seen scars from the other type of surgery, pretty good size incision that may take a few weeks to heal.

vt35mag

My dad had the surgery done on both hands 2 or 3 years ago (He's 53 now).  If I recall correctly he was out of work for 4-6 weeks.  He does a lot of wrenching in his line of work, so his recovery time may have been longer than some.  Grip strength was his biggest problem after the surgery.  He had his surgery a week, no more than two before the spring season.  He ended up shooting at a tom with a 3in 12ga shell, and the end of the gun ended up in his lap, because he couldn't hang onto the forearm.  First time I have ever seen him miss.  That afternoon we got his 20ga pump setup for turkey, and he was able to hang onto that on the shot.  The next time out the lucky son of a gun tagged out by shooting two birds with one shot!  They were jakes, but he thought that was the greatest thing ever.

ddturkeyhunter

Surgery two birds in one shot a life time of memory.

daddyduke

Had it in my right hand years ago. I guy worked with had it in both his hands. He went to doctor and they give him a wrist brace that you only where while you're asleep. Worked great for him so I borrowed it. One week of use and my right hand was back to normal. Might want to give it a try instead of surgery.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

stewdawg

I had both hands done and then ulnar releases done in my elbows. Right side done first and then left side 2 weeks later. Doctor wouldn't do them both at same time. Couldn't turn door knobs or wipe my butt with that hand for over a week. I took 6 weeks off work, because at the time I was a masonry foreman and worked the tools everyday. Take off as long as you can. The longer you can heal, the better results you will get from the surgery.

wvmntnhick

Currently experience it in my right hand. Too much time with a screwdriver I guess. It's not all the time but when it happens, good grief it sux. For those that battle it consistently, I feel for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk