Previous topic - Next topic

Ondavirg

Maybe this will be helpful. 

Benelli SBE3
Sumtoy .665
Federal 3.5" #9s
318 in 10"
350 in 20"

For comparison, nitro 3.5" tss 8 and 9 blend put 417 in 10" and 277 in the 20" with the same setup.

FL-Boss

I'm guessing a lot of people are going to end up disappointed in the 12GA TSS from Federal. I tried in my Win 1300 12ga last week with an assortment of different chokes - wasn't impressed considering it was #9. It was good, but not what I thought. Actually will probably just stay with the HEVI 13, #7

Going to be shooting the 20ga #9 TSS Federal tomorrow...we'll see how that does.

Gobble!

Once people figure out how to choke it they won't be disappointed.

320/350 is an amazing hunting pattern. Better than any other shell you will see on most store shelves.

They will have trouble matching Nitro/Apex patterns, maybe not if you compare equal payloads, but they will make up for it by easily being the cheapest.

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: FL-Boss on February 26, 2018, 09:39:58 PM
I'm guessing a lot of people are going to end up disappointed in the 12GA TSS from Federal. I tried in my Win 1300 12ga last week with an assortment of different chokes - wasn't impressed considering it was #9. It was good, but not what I thought. Actually will probably just stay with the HEVI 13, #7

Going to be shooting the 20ga #9 TSS Federal tomorrow...we'll see how that does.
I did 336 in 10" with H-13•2.25 oz. • #7 shot / Final Strut .650" choke/ SBE 2 24" bbl.

SumToy

The federal is going to work better with different lay out in the choke. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

taylorjones20

Quote from: SumToy on March 05, 2018, 08:57:14 AM
The federal is going to work better with different lay out in the choke.

What do you mean by this? Just curious...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

SKFOOTER

I'm curious also William.  What type of choke layout are you referring to??

SumToy

WE HAVE A FEW DIFFERENT CHOKE LAYOUTS.   AS IN THE NUMBER OF STEPS AND HOW BIG THEY ARE. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SKFOOTER

Quote from: SumToy on March 05, 2018, 06:51:09 PM
WE HAVE A FEW DIFFERENT CHOKE LAYOUTS.   AS IN THE NUMBER OF STEPS AND HOW BIG THEY ARE.
What choke do I need to use in my Franchi Intensity shooting the Federal TSS #9 loads???

SumToy

665 SHOULD WORK FINE JUST LET ME KNOW THAT YOU SHOOT FEDERAL

SKFOOTER

Like my post above yours states, I'm shooting 12 gauge Federal TSS #9.

Gobble!

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 06, 2018, 09:10:19 AM

I think he means if you call him to order a choke let him know you plan to shoot the Federal TSS shells. Sounds like you will get a .665 with internals mapped for the Federal shells.

SumToy

Quote from: Gobble! on March 06, 2018, 09:38:37 AM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 06, 2018, 09:10:19 AM

I think he means if you call him to order a choke let him know you plan to shoot the Federal TSS shells. Sounds like you will get a .665 with internals mapped for the Federal shells.

Yup