Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What is the difference between weaver 93a and marlin 336 Mount

Started by BottomLand54, January 23, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

My question is what is the difference between the weaver 93a and the marlin 336 Mount.

I know the weaver 93a is a long mount for 4 screw holes, and that the 336 marlin is a short mount for 2 screw holes.

I suppose my question is this? Does the weaver 93a and the marlin 336 have the same exact hole spacing. If my fun is talked and drilled for a weaver 93a meaning it has 4 screw holes can I just use the front 2 screw holes and use a marlin 336 Mount?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

The hole spacing is different between the two mounts, they won't interchange. But there is enough material to redrill one hole on the 336 mount to match the front two holes on a benelli or other gun that takes the 93 weaver mount pattern. I did that to the 336 mount to install a fastfire 3 on my benelli vinci. Hope that was of some help!

BottomLand54

The ward that was great info, thanks. I ended up just ordering another sumtoy Mount and hopefully that will do the trick. I like the plug and play option not plug in the drill work the ln plug and play lol I do appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

I hear ya Bottomland, I like tinkering with stuff, but sometimes it's nice just to bolt something together and be done with it. That Sumtoy mount should work out great!