turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weaver base for BPS

Started by 243kid, January 11, 2018, 10:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

243kid

My BPS is drilled and tapped and l would like to find a weaver style base for it.
I am having a hard time finding anything other than saddle mounts!

Need some help...

Prohunter3509

Bought one a Lil while back from Clark on all about shooting
And Ata reasonable price and he ships quickly

USMC0331

bpsmag1026

Check optics planet, I'm pretty sure they carry them.

CrustyRusty

There  is no Weaver base for the BPS.   Browning has a proprietary base that is poorly designed and it's made specifically for use with weaver type scope rings. Unfortunately that limits you to using a regular scope or a red dot that has a longer tube and needs two mounting locations. The cross-slots in the base are a U channel  so if you want to use a Burris fast fire you will have to take a file to one of the slots to make it a bit wider and squared off so that the fast fire will fit.    In addition they use a proprietary size screw as well that is difficult to match with standard scope base screw sizes.

Years ago I tried to get EGW to make me a custom picattiny rail for the Browning.   After going back and forth with EGW for several months they must have finally given up and blew me off and I never heard back from them. 

William at Sumtoy is a regular on this site.   I have never used him for any work but he most certainly seems to be very attentive to the needs of folks on this forum. I would suggest reaching out to him to see if he can either make a base for the browning or re-drill and tap it so that it could take a standard Weaver or pic base.  Good luck..