OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli m2 Performance Shop Turkey Gun

Started by BottomLand54, January 07, 2018, 09:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 09, 2018, 07:46:24 AM
Guys I cannot find anyone who had the Weatherby SA-459 turkey 20 guage. I am not paying 700.00 for it as I only payed 615.00 for my 12 gauge new. Also compared to the affinity I handled my sa-459 12 feels like a piece of Chinese junk lol and I own it. I may order me a franchi affinity 3 20 gauge 26" Barrel mossy oak bottomland, throw me a Mount, a good choke, and a scope or red dot on it. I read where the new affinity 3 was tapped and drilled, is this so?

Anybody have any advice on what Mount to use?
Who likes a scope better the A red dot or vice versa?
What choke is working good out of the affinity 20 gauge?

Thanks for all of your help.

Some of that "high end" stuff does not have a lot of aftermarket options and if they do it is hard to find and expensive. Hope it shoots poa/poi half way close for you.

The SA-459 20 ga is all over this forum, a quick search on it will give you a wealth of knowledge on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

DrDirtNap

Quote from: BottomLand54 on January 07, 2018, 04:36:55 PM
So the benelli m2 does not already come drilled and tapped like the sbeii and sbeiii does? I have thought about ordering a Weatherby SA-459 20 guage I have it's big brother and the trigger is terrible on it I need to check into the rob Roberts thing. How much did it cost to have it fixed?

I got a trigger job performed on my 459 from my local gunsmith for $50.  The trigger is fine now.   Any gunsmith "worth his salt" can do a trigger job.

turkeyinstrut

Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the Performance Shop gun especially if you are shooting TSS. You can make TSS shoot really good out of just about anything and I don't think all the enhancements that the Performance Shop guns has will benefit you. As far as buying a Benelli I wouldn't spend the money on that either, I ordered myself a M2 20 ga. and a Franchi Affinity 20 ga. compact for my daughter and myself last spring and if I had it to do over again I would have just ordered 2 Affinity's, the M2 and the Affinity is basically the same gun but the Franchi is about half the price. JMHO

BottomLand54

I have decided I am going to sale my sa-459 12 gauge extra green that patterns so awesome it's like brand new and get me a franchi affinity 3 20 gauge 26" Barrel bottomland camo, put a sumtoy Mount with a Burris ff3 and a sumtoy .562-3 on it and see how it shoots apex 3" 1 5/8 oz 9s. That is my goal.

I do appreciate all of y'all advixe and keep sending it this ways, I just traded a fellow a deer rifle for a brand new in box benelli sbe ii 25th anniversary Max-5 camo 28" Barrel and have done ordered a sumtoy Mount and ff3 and sumtoy choke for it my old sbe ii really liked an Indian creek black diamond strike. I would like to get rid of sa-459 since I already have a couple 12 gauges.

jdrouhard87

I have the sbe2 and 20 gauge m2 and the weight difference is substantial, really a pleasure carrying the m2 shoulders extremely well and doesn't feel like a like piece of junk like most synthetic camo rigs, if money is no option get the turkey edition... top of the line go for it

Tail Feathers

Quote from: kwild835 on January 09, 2018, 09:24:01 AM
The SX3 is an awesome gun, but be careful with Winchester/Bronwing drilled and tapped guns.  They have three holes drilled that have hardly any base options.  If I wanted some type of sight on my turkey gun I would have it drilled and tapped for a marlin 336 base.
Also posted in your other thread in 20 gauge section.
I have the SX3 Universal Hunter with 26" barrel.  I bought the Winchester base because I didn't want to chance one not fitting right.  I like it a lot.  I shoot a Carlson's flush mount choke and have 140 patterns with Fed HW 7's.  I know I could get higher numbers  with other chokes but I don't want to start that chase. I'm satisfied.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BottomLand54

Guys I ended up getting a sbe2 25th anniversary Max-5 and installed a sumtoy Mount and a Burris ff3

Also got me a Franchi Affinity 3 20 gauge 26" Barrel with a sumtoy Mount and a ff3

turkeyinstrut

I think you will be pleased with that Affinity.