turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke question

Started by eorlando, February 06, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

I got this choke on a recommendation from another member. It says lead only on it. Am I going to have any issues shooting Federal heavyweight 7s out of it? It is a youth 20 gauge not that that matters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KentuckyLB

Greg Massey

Quote from: eorlando on February 06, 2018, 07:11:23 AM
I got this choke on a recommendation from another member. It says lead only on it. Am I going to have any issues shooting Federal heavyweight 7s out of it? It is a youth 20 gauge not that that matters.

My suggestion would be to get you a Trulock 565 or Sumtoy 562.5 and take that choke and sell it or keep it for a backup.    The chokes i suggested are knockout on turkeys with Federal HW 7

eorlando

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 06, 2018, 09:01:25 AM
Quote from: eorlando on February 06, 2018, 07:11:23 AM

My suggestion would be to get you a Trulock 565 or Sumtoy 562.5 and take that choke and sell it or keep it for a backup.    The chokes i suggested are knockout on turkeys with Federal HW 7
Thanks. I have my gun at sumtoy right now getting drilled and tapped. I'm going to order a choke from him as well. I bought this choke in the picture for my daughter as I think it has a more open and even pattern. Could be wrong though. Only paid $10 for it so didn't really lose much. Just more curious if it was okay to shoot the heavy weights through it

Greg Massey

mightyjoeyoung

The lead only labeling is for LARGE, STEEL SHOT, not for fine, well protected shot size 4 and under.  You'll be absolutely fine shooting any load you want through that choke.  The guys saying don't shoot it take things too literally.   Btw, te factory superfull remmy chokes usually pattern very well...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

eorlando

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 06, 2018, 11:35:32 AM
The lead only labeling is for LARGE, STEEL SHOT, not for fine, well protected shot size 4 and under.  You'll be absolutely fine shooting any load you want through that choke.  The guys saying don't shoot it take things too literally.   Btw, te factory superfull remmy chokes usually pattern very well...
Thanks for the info!!!