turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

930 vs Affinity 3

Started by TJK68, February 08, 2018, 11:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

Ask Clark what he thinks of the 930.  You want a professional opinion you know you can count on rather than conjecture?   He's the man to talk to.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

howl

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on February 09, 2018, 08:37:17 AM
It's called the "Benelli click".  Never had it happen to me with my SBE II, but my stepson who wouldn't quit messing with the bolt handle in his layout blind when I would let him use it would get at least 2 a season.  If you bump the butt or pull the charging handle back and don't let it slam forward,  it can allow the bolt to remain out of battery.   As far as the 930 wearing out, I have literally NEVER heard such a thing.  It's a fantastic gun for the money-soft shooting, drilled and tapped receiver, overboard barrel that will almost always out pattern the affinity (and most "spaghetti guns actually ).  Too many guys knock the mossberg autos.  The 9200 was a true piece of crap.  The 930 IS NOT the 9200 and I have never seen one come back to my shop with an issue when I sold them and I have seen guys beat the ever loving crap out of theirs with not a hiccup.   Make your own choice but don't listen to the haters just because they hate.

I personally wore one out. The Mossberg tech knew exactly what I was talking about. He seemed to act as if sending out the replacement part was a regular part of his work.

I had a 9200 for a while. I never had an issue with it in the couple years I owned it, but I only used it for turkeys. It patterned very well as i recall. I actually ran into a fella last year that swore by his for everything. I have heard an awful lot of how horrible they were over the years, though. I guess me and that other fella just got lucky.

No big deal. Mossberg autos work well enough to last several years in the turkey woods. And you can get a deal on one. Just run it til it quits, throw it away and get a new one. Its not like you're spending Beretta money and expecting it to last forever.