OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fedral Premium TSS Turkey Loads for 2018

Started by allaboutshooting, February 08, 2018, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

There have been questions about exactly what TSS loads Federal would offer for 2018.

Here is a link to the latest information, directly from Federal, February 8. 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern time https://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/federal-premium-heavyweight-tss-turkey-loads-for-2018

Hopefully this will be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

owlhoot

Hey thanks Clark.
Any idea why that 20 guage  9 shot load is only 1000 fps?

allaboutshooting

Quote from: owlhoot on February 08, 2018, 05:06:03 PM
Hey thanks Clark.
Any idea why that 20 guage  9 shot load is only 1000 fps?

You're welcome. I have asked for some clarification on the 20 gauge loads and hopefully will have that information soon.

Thanks,
Clark

SKFOOTER

Leave it to Federal to once again drop the ball when it comes to offering the optimum loading in that shell.  Failing to offer the 20 gauge #9 TSS  @ 1200 fps and only offering that load in #7 is a very big mistake that will keep smaller companies like Apex and Nitro in the TSS business.

CrustyRusty

Maybe they are concerned the higher velocity will falsely encourage longer shots and are trying to prevent irresponsible shots,

allaboutshooting

Hopefully, I'll get the clarification soon on the #7 - #9 question and the velocity question as well.
I am encouraged that they are not advertising excessively long shots. We've worked too long and too hard to build the flock to now encourage irresponsible shooting. It is afteral the hunt that normally brings us the most joy.

Thanks,
Clark

owlhoot

Thanks Clark.
If you look at the descriptions for that load,they have it so messed up you can't even tell what it is 9 tss and then 7 shot and 1000fps .

CrustyRusty

I live in NY. Sadly we can't use 9 shot anyway and wonder if the tss 7 is any advantage over the heavyweights anyway. Thankfully I probably have enough hw7 to last the rest the of my life.

Hey Clark while you have federal on the phone ask them to make 8 shot for us NYers. lol

Gobble!

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 09, 2018, 10:11:43 AM
Leave it to Federal to once again drop the ball when it comes to offering the optimum loading in that shell.  Failing to offer the 20 gauge #9 TSS  @ 1200 fps and only offering that load in #7 is a very big mistake that will keep smaller companies like Apex and Nitro in the TSS business.

I agree. Seems odd. Must be some reason for it.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 09, 2018, 10:17:53 AM
Maybe they are concerned the higher velocity will falsely encourage longer shots and are trying to prevent irresponsible shots,
That can't be the case since the .410 load of TSS #9's is faster than the 20 gauge #9's.  And the 20 gauge load of TSS #7 has a velocity of 1200 fps.

CrustyRusty

I was being tongue in cheek....

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 09, 2018, 02:54:25 PM
Quote from: CrustyRusty on February 09, 2018, 10:17:53 AM
That can't be the case since the .410 load of TSS #9's is faster than the 20 gauge #9's.  And the 20 gauge load of TSS #7 has a velocity of 1200 fps.