turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

decoys

Started by noletracker, April 03, 2018, 01:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noletracker

Does anyone know of a good Osceola decoy? The Florida birds did not like my flextone decoys at all. Texas birds have been all over them in past seasons, but I noticed the decoys are a good bit lighter in color than osceolas

LaLongbeard

I seriously doubt a gobbler would refuse to breed a light colored hen. Something else is is the problem
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MK M GOBL

DSD and Done!

MK M GOBL

TauntoHawk

Your Osceola is probably just far more pressured then the Texas Rios

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dublelung

I can't imagine the minor difference in decoy color would have anything to do with the gobblers not coming in to your deke. 
However, I've never had a gobbler spook from not seeing a decoy.

SD_smith

My father guided in South Florida for 20 years and it sounds like pressures birds. They do tend to like the darker Jake decoys but the hens are light colored themselves. We loved the old carrylite decoys that were jet black.

stinkpickle

It sounds like either the timing is off and/or you're dealing with birds lower on the pecking order.

kyturkeyhunter4

I would say your just dealing with presured birds I wouldn't think the decoys would have any thing to do with it.

ddturkeyhunter

If you are hunting any public land or close to public land in florida your problem is pressured birds. I do not use jake decoys because of one having my decoy shot. I have and use a DSD hen decoy most of the time. I just got back from florida last week, and was successful at harvesting my two birds. My second bird was with out any decoys in area, and very little calling except for cluck and purs. Through or move when doing your calling so you sound like a moving bird. Be different then everyone else.

husker

CAPTJJ

Yes, DSDs for Oscealas.

Struthunter

No deks for me but, they need to move. I would say darker would be better and dont have them set up in direct sunlight.
:turkey: