turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Top turkey books

Started by ddturkeyhunter, January 15, 2018, 10:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wislnwings

In addition to the ones mentioned already, two of my favorites are Wade Wineman's "East of the SLash" and "Bird of Courage".

aclawrence

I just pulled out the only turkey hunting book I own the other day. It's Turkey Season by outdoor life. My favorite part is the story by Ray Eye It's about him hunting on the mountain with his grandpa. I actually was getting a little emotional there at the end of the story and had to take a short break. I was reading the story to my kids and they were looking at me like what's the  matter with  you dad lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

Just got a first addition of "The Grand Obsession" by P.W. Phillips very hard to find Iv seen them on eBay for 300$.Found this one for a lot less. Very good book so far on hunting Florida post WW2 when Florida was still mostly wilderness and Turkeys were plentiful.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Ranger

Anyone like the Tom Gaskins series?  Tom Tells Tall Turkey Tales, Florida Facts and Fallacies, and We Talk Turkey.  We Talk Turkey is a classic with stories sent to Mr. Gaskins from dozens of turkey hunters and even a several killers, some true and surely some a bit stretchy.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

ccleroy

Old Pro
Illumination in the Flatwoods
One Man Game

quavers59

Remembering the Greats--profiles of Turkey Hill to GS old masters. You will read this one twice!! 2 books that I have read 3 times each is -Turkey Hunting-- A one man game and Wayne's Turkey World-60 years of hunting. I also really enjoyed the Greatest Moments Of My Life by Jack Dudley and The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Gene Nunnery. After I read - Remembering the Greats--profiles I knew what books to buy.

Izzyjoe

I went to a gunshow Sunday, and one guy had a few books, and he had the Old pro turkey hunter for $5. I bought it, he had a couple others but they didn't interest me. I've just about finished it, and this is a great book!

Stf3id

I love Tom Kelly.  My favorites are Better On A Rising Tide, Dealer's Choice, and Tenth Legion.

larry9988

My favorite all time story by Tom Kelly is Forty Crook Branch in Better on a Rising Tide. If you have kids, I don't think you can read it without getting a lump in your throat.

Stf3id

Quote from: larry9988 on January 27, 2018, 09:44:01 PM
My favorite all time story by Tom Kelly is Forty Crook Branch in Better on a Rising Tide. If you have kids, I don't think you can read it without getting a lump in your throat.

Same here.

ncturkey

I have read a few that have been mentioned here. Most can be checked out at your public library

blake_08

Quote from: larry9988 on January 27, 2018, 09:44:01 PM

x2. I've read almost all of Tom Kelly's books, and this is by far my favorite chapter that he ever wrote. If you have kids, it will really pull at your heart. "Better on a Rising Tide" is an all around great book.