turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pre Season Calling

Started by shootumindaface, February 10, 2011, 11:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Heck fire yes, boyz,...I call them thar garblers up all the durn time afir the season commences!  They ain't no sich a thang as call shy, boyz.  Jist git on out thar and call 'em all up.  If you's any gud at'all wich yur callin', it won't mak one durn bit 'o diffrence whence the season comes along.  Lordamercy, sometimes, I gots to call 'em all up a buncha times afir the season biggins jist so's I kin make it a fair game fir'em whence the season finely commences.  Otherwiz, I wud end up killin' every durn garbler in the county, boyz.  Yep, ah'm a humbel feller, but I gots to tell all'a'ya thet ah'm probly the best durn tarkey huntr in theze partz, if'n not the entir durn wurld,....an thet's jist tha plane'ol truth 'bout tha mater.  I dunt wanna make nun a'yall feel too bad, but if'n all'a'ya cud call like me, yu wudn't wurry 'bout callin' to'em any durn time ya' wanna.  Mah onli problum is keepin' tha big red S on ma' chest covered up whin them garblers is gittin' in reel close!...But I git'r'dun anywho.....    

:newmascot:      :newmascot:       :newmascot:       :newmascot:

shootumindaface

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 11, 2011, 12:52:41 PM
Heck fire yes, boyz,...I call them thar garblers up all the durn time afir the season commences!  They ain't no sich a thang as call shy, boyz.  Jist git on out thar and call 'em all up.  If you's any gud at'all wich yur callin', it won't mak one durn bit 'o diffrence whence the season comes along.  Lordamercy, sometimes, I gots to call 'em all up a buncha times afir the season biggins jist so's I kin make it a fair game fir'em whence the season finely commences.  Otherwiz, I wud end up killin' every durn garbler in the county, boyz.  Yep, ah'm a humbel feller, but I gots to tell all'a'ya thet ah'm probly the best durn tarkey huntr in theze partz, if'n not the entir durn wurld,....an thet's jist tha plane'ol truth 'bout tha mater.  I dunt wanna make nun a'yall feel too bad, but if'n all'a'ya cud call like me, yu wudn't wurry 'bout callin' to'em any durn time ya' wanna.  Mah onli problum is keepin' tha big red S on ma' chest covered up whin them garblers is gittin' in reel close!...But I git'r'dun anywho.....    

Your cute when your mad :z-loveshower: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

GobbleNut

"You're cute when you're mad"   :z-loveshower: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

:thanks:  Thanks....I do my best.   However, I prefer to refer to my state of mind as "mild annoyment manifesting itself in an response of condescension".
Good to see that it worked!    :happy0064:   ;D   :happy0064:

vaturkey

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 11, 2011, 12:52:41 PM

GOBBLENUT     Looking forward to seeing & hearing you in Nashville @ the GRAND NATIONALS next week  !! :newmascot:
Vaturkey

4nwtf

I do not do that.  Now the day before season, in the evening, I will call some to prepare for the next morning hoping they remember me opening morning.  It has worked for me some.

spurman

No turkey calls 30 days before season opens, locater calls only, it's the law in KY.

Actually it reads from March 1 to opening of season.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

VAHUNTER

the only birds i call to is my pen birds. they tell me what i want to know most of the time. as far as calling early where i hunt . i never have. but i'm sure that Gobblers hear hen talk all the time and in a lot of cases the hen is gone when they get there. but i still would not do it or recommend doing any calling in the woods unless you are planning to kill the bird
Good things come to those who wait

vaturkey

Quote from: spurman on February 11, 2011, 03:31:51 PM
No turkey calls 30 days before season opens, locater calls only, it's the law in KY

SPURMAN

Thats a real good law  !! :newmascot:
Vaturkey

chrisun

I would ask that any hunters who hunt near me try some pre season calling  :happy0064:
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

Gobble!

i dont it but not to the point where they are coming in

GobbleNut

Heck fire yes, boyz,...I call them thar garblers up all the durn time afir the season commences!  They ain't no sich a thang as call shy, boyz.  Jist git on out thar and call 'em all up.  If you's any gud at'all wich yur callin', it won't mak one durn bit 'o diffrence whence the season comes along.  Lordamercy, sometimes, I gots to call 'em all up a buncha times afir the season biggins jist so's I kin make it a fair game fir'em whence the season finely commences.  Otherwiz, I wud end up killin' every durn garbler in the county, boyz.  Yep, ah'm a humbel feller, but I gots to tell all'a'ya thet ah'm probly the best durn tarkey huntr in theze partz, if'n not the entir durn wurld,....an thet's jist tha plane'ol truth 'bout tha mater.  I dunt wanna make nun a'yall feel too bad, but if'n all'a'ya cud call like me, yu wudn't wurry 'bout callin' to'em any durn time ya' wanna.  Mah onli problum is keepin' tha big red S on ma' chest covered up whin them garblers is gittin' in reel close!...But I git'r'dun anywho.....     

GOBBLENUT     Looking forward to seeing & hearing you in Nashville @ the GRAND NATIONALS next week  !!

Durnit, VA,...I ain't gonna be abel to mak'it up yonder to thet thar cornvection.  I got sum big plans to do me some preseesin callin' ta' make it so's I dunt end up killin' more'n my shar onced the seesin commenses. Did I tel'ya thet ah'm also tha best durn shot in tha entyr NewNinted States 'o Merica? 

Aniways, if'n I was ta' hed up yonder ta git in thet thar contes', I wud mos liklely humilitate them fansy dansy city boy callers thet compet thar.  Me 'n ma sawgras reed 'n ma russynail and scrichy bord wud spank'em lik unwuntidstepchiles,...Ide opin up a canowhupazz lik them boyz ain't nevr seed afir!  Thet's tha gosbel trooth, 'n y'a kin tel'm gobblenut sayd so!

hobbes

Quote from: spurman on February 11, 2011, 03:31:51 PM
No turkey calls 30 days before season opens, locater calls only, it's the law in KY.

Actually it reads from March 1 to opening of season.

I believe IL's laws are very similar to this.

turkey slayer

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on February 11, 2011, 09:44:33 AM
Turkey hunter's 1st Commandment, Thou shall not call turkey's before the season.  :D
the only calling I do is my owl and crow calls to help with scouting!

shootumindaface

Quote from: turkey slayer on February 11, 2011, 04:52:50 PM
Turkey hunter's 1st Commandment, Thou shall not call turkey's before the season.  :D
What happens when the tune in to your crow and owl calls and wont respond during season ;D

stinkpickle

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 11, 2011, 05:05:04 PM
Quote from: turkey slayer on February 11, 2011, 04:52:50 PM
What happens when the tune in to your crow and owl calls and wont respond during season ;D

Them birds become locator call shy.   :D