OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snakewood and Brass

Started by Chris O, September 11, 2017, 05:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

I found a surface that I think snakewood really shines on. It is a good striker on everything but I never felt it was better than tulip wood or Osage until I put it on brass. This Yingling brass in a walnut pot sounds absolutely beautiful with the snakewood and sounds real good with a lot of others as well. Pictured with the Yingling is a Stuckey Tulipwood,Larry Gresser Snakewood and a Fowler black locust. Thanks for another great one Mike.

BluMtnGobbler

BRIAN

Clardh

Chris O,

I would agree with that assessment about Snakewood. My question to you is what osage striker are you running. I love tulipwood strikers. Is Osage similar from a standpoint of forgiveness on multiple surfaces?

Chris O

Quote from: Clardh on September 11, 2017, 07:57:34 PM
Chris O,

I would agree with that assessment about Snakewood. My question to you is what osage striker are you running. I love tulipwood strikers. Is Osage similar from a standpoint of forgiveness on multiple surfaces?
I have a John Sinclair and a Lights Out Osage and both are equal. I probably use the Sinclair the most but I wouldn't be afraid to run Osage from a lot of different makers . Mine are both probably a medium flare tip. I have not found a surface that Osage orange hasn't sounded pretty good it seems to grip well.

mgm1955