turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tuff day for me today , had to put my dog down

Started by Old Gobbler, August 17, 2017, 05:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdaddy

I feel for you--its one of the hardest things you can do.

Bowguy

I'm sorry to hear this buddy. Stinks every time

quavers59

tracker#1

Sorry to hear of your loss....It never get's any easier. I have had to put a few good trackin dogs down. An old timer told me one time that he thought the "only mistake God ever made was letting our dog's live as long as we do"....but If we died first, how unfair would that be to the dog ? When I go, the first thing I'm gonna do is look for my pups....miss them all. Remember, your dog will always love you...always

Coop1082

Sorry to hear for your loss Shannon! Much like a lot of the guys have already said, I completely reconcile and understand what your going through. Time heals all pain brother! Hang tough!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

BigSlam51

hookedspur

Sorry to hear this Shannon ,I know that it is awfully hard to say goodbye to a friend ,and
I'm sure that's what Skipper was , A true friend.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

2eagles

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Gold Spur

Shannon sorry for you and your family's loss. I had to make the same decision a few years ago and man  was it tough.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

wvspitndrum

Sorry for your loss,  i know all to well about how you feel right now !

Old Gobbler

Guys , thanks for all the moral support it's comforting to know I've never been alone it what I'm going through right now --I'm so upset and distressed about it right now - I'm hoping I start feeling better real soon - it's kinda tough cause the house is so quiet without him -- me and the family are going to try and keep busy doing family stuff to try and keep from thinking about it -- everyone says it takes a little time

Thank you all again so much for the supportive posts , it has helped me out more than you realize-- Shannon.
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SinGin

Sorry to hear this. We had to do the same with the wife's dog a few years ago. Give it a couple of months then got get you a new pup. We do foster care for a pet rescue and I know there are lots of dogs out there that would love to have the chance for you and your family.

1iagobblergetter

I'm also Sorry to hear of your loss. What your feeling is normal especially when it sounds like he was as much of a part of your family as he was. It's definitely hard,but just think of the joy he gave your family that would have been missed out on if you wouldn't have saved him. I also wouldn't rule out another dog down the road. Not a replacement,but another friend with its own personality. God,time,family,and friends will help you heal... :jesus-cross:

Boykin Hollow

Someone once told me that DOG spelled backwards is GOD!!!!!!!!