News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Confirmed... Federal loading TSS....

Started by TheSportsman, August 04, 2017, 09:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Quote from: buzzardroost on December 21, 2017, 10:57:26 AM
I've seen the ad now. I think there's a mistake. A model number implies 9 shot for the 20 gauge but the corresponding description says 7. So I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that too.. I would think they will have 7 and 9 for 20 as well. May just be a typo
Thunder Ridge Totes

Fullfan

I have been told by a reliable source that there was an error, and 20ga 9's will be available.
Don't gobble at me...

TauntoHawk

Like someone else said they won't be legal in all states, New York is nothing smaller than 7.5 for turkey
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

trkehunr93

Quote from: allaboutshooting on December 16, 2017, 11:29:15 AM
I have been evaluating the new Federal TSS loads for the past 30+ days or so. We have been restricted from publishing any information on our findings but that "blackout" will soon be lifted and I can publish a "Product Test" article as soon as that happens.
I will have full details on what will be available at that time as well.

Thanks,
Clark
Looking forward to your thoughts Clark. 

fallhnt

Looking foward to getting some for my .410 . Shooting lead Federal 7.5 now with success.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

jordanz7935

Quote from: TauntoHawk on December 22, 2017, 10:36:08 AM
Like someone else said they won't be legal in all states, New York is nothing smaller than 7.5 for turkey
It's no smaller than #8 in NY... I was hoping to see them load #8 tss just for that reason. Im not so sure the new 20 ga #7 TSS load will pattern as well as my beloved 20 ga HW #7s due to a lower pellet count. But theres only one way to find out, i look forward to trying these when they hit the shelves.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: jordanz7935 on December 24, 2017, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on December 22, 2017, 10:36:08 AM
It's no smaller than #8 in NY... I was hoping to see them load #8 tss just for that reason. Im not so sure the new 20 ga #7 TSS load will pattern as well as my beloved 20 ga HW #7s due to a lower pellet count. But theres only one way to find out, i look forward to trying these when they hit the shelves.
Ok I knew it was something like that. Yeah 7 in tss is gonna be a tougher pattern and overkill on energy the 9's will be solid but not eligible in many some places. I'm on the fence on these..

One side says they aren't worth the money when HW is gonna kill em as dead as dead needs to be in any reasonable range with the 20 and these loads aren't worth the extra $$$... On the other hand I buy $$$$$ worth of calls each year that aren't necessary or even sometimes don't even make it to the field cuz I have too many so why split hairs over ammo price and shoot the best of the best.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PALongspur

Going by the MSRP on these, I'm guessing the street price won't be much different.

jordanz7935

[/quote]One side says they aren't worth the money when HW is gonna kill em as dead as dead needs to be in any reasonable range with the 20 and these loads aren't worth the extra $$$... On the other hand I buy $$$$$ worth of calls each year that aren't necessary or even sometimes don't even make it to the field cuz I have too many so why split hairs over ammo price and shoot the best of the best.

[/quote]
I know what you mean, the HW #7s are great loads in the 20 ga, im kind of ticked they are discontinuing them.IMO they were priced very reasonably. I have a small stash and plan on buying every box i can find in the near future.But its inevitable that im eventually gonna have to switch over to tss, im certainly not downgrading to any flavor of hevishot in my 20's. I have a hard time believing any encon officer would write you a ticket for having your gun loaded with tss #9s , but the law is the law. Hopefully federal adds tss #8s to the lineup for next year.

CrustyRusty

I am reasonably sure that any NY encon officer would write you for having the wrong size shot.  Certainly not worth chancing.  I wasnt aware federal was doing away with HW7.  Thats a terrible idea!

Quote from: jordanz7935 on December 25, 2017, 07:23:03 PM

One side says they aren't worth the money when HW is gonna kill em as dead as dead needs to be in any reasonable range with the 20 and these loads aren't worth the extra $$$... On the other hand I buy $$$$$ worth of calls each year that aren't necessary or even sometimes don't even make it to the field cuz I have too many so why split hairs over ammo price and shoot the best of the best.

[/quote]
I know what you mean, the HW #7s are great loads in the 20 ga, im kind of ticked they are discontinuing them.IMO they were priced very reasonably. I have a small stash and plan on buying every box i can find in the near future.But its inevitable that im eventually gonna have to switch over to tss, im certainly not downgrading to any flavor of hevishot in my 20's. I have a hard time believing any encon officer would write you a ticket for having your gun loaded with tss #9s , but the law is the law. Hopefully federal adds tss #8s to the lineup for next year.
[/quote]

buzzardroost

Well crap. The 20 gauge #9's are a reduced recoil offering. Wonder how much effect that lower speed has?

Double B

It may be a good thing for your pattern if they stay just below speed of sound.
Followed by buzzards

BandedSpur

Quote from: buzzardroost on January 02, 2018, 07:45:21 AM
Well crap. The 20 gauge #9's are a reduced recoil offering. Wonder how much effect that lower speed has?

None whatsoever. TSS 9s @ 1,000 fps will penetrate 1.25" of ballistic gel waaaay beyond 40 yds.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: buzzardroost on January 02, 2018, 07:45:21 AM

To me it sounded like there will be an additional low recoil load and a normal #9 load.

I wanna see these put against Apex loads