turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Confirmed... Federal loading TSS....

Started by TheSportsman, August 04, 2017, 09:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

They say it is on the way.  I cant see why they do it because the HWT 7s is a bad boy.  I would keep the $$$ down and roll with them.  The TSS is like anything else new.  You will have a group that will keep loading and some that will keep buying it but it will settle down after the 1st year.   Look at the Long Beard 20 this time last year. It was the big thing now it just a shell.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

rbreedi1

There is an article showcasing Federal Grand Slam, Federal 3rd Degree, and Federal HeavyWeight TSS located on page 94 of the Jan/Feb NWTF Magazine which is available to view online now on their website. It says all loads will come with the new Flite Control Flex Wad. They meantion 18 g/cc as density and the box shows No 7 shot but they also mention that a #9 Federal TSS has the same knockdown as #5 lead at all ranges. So Im assuming they will have #7 and #9. No mention of anything in between.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Spurs Up

Quote from: rbreedi1 on December 15, 2017, 10:29:48 AM
There is an article showcasing Federal Grand Slam, Federal 3rd Degree, and Federal HeavyWeight TSS located on page 94 of the Jan/Feb NWTF Magazine which is available to view online now on their website. It says all loads will come with the new Flite Control Flex Wad. They meantion 18 g/cc as density and the box shows No 7 shot but they also mention that a #9 Federal TSS has the same knockdown as #5 lead at all ranges. So Im assuming they will have #7 and #9. No mention of anything in between.

Good intel.  Any mention of or thoughts on pricing, particularly relative to Apex?

rbreedi1

There was no mention of price. I got my NWTF magazine in the mail today and also noticed the 3rd degree ammo will also feature TSS instead of regular heavyweight
Thunder Ridge Totes

TheSportsman

I'll know something on price next few days

allaboutshooting

I have been evaluating the new Federal TSS loads for the past 30+ days or so. We have been restricted from publishing any information on our findings but that "blackout" will soon be lifted and I can publish a "Product Test" article as soon as that happens.
I will have full details on what will be available at that time as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Fullfan

Quote from: allaboutshooting on December 16, 2017, 11:29:15 AM
I have been evaluating the new Federal TSS loads for the past 30+ days or so. We have been restricted from publishing any information on our findings but that "blackout" will soon be lifted and I can publish a "Product Test" article as soon as that happens.
I will have full details on what will be available at that time as well.

Thanks,
Clark

Clark as always look forward to your findings. Keep us posted.
Don't gobble at me...

allaboutshooting

"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

turkeyinstrut

Quote from: Gobble! on October 12, 2017, 10:08:57 PM
Quote from: donjuan on October 10, 2017, 03:48:47 PM

The last time I checked, a business can mark up something whatever they damn well please.

I may be wrong but I'm expecting Federal to be cheaper than even the guys hand loading can load them for. If that happens things will get very interesting.

I beg to differ, I don't think Federal will be able to sell TSS loads cheaper than we can load them ourselves and even if they could I would not buy them and I think 95% of the TSS handloaders would agree with me on this. The thing about loading them yourself is you know EXACTLY what is going into each shell and they will be consistent from shot to shot, when you shoot commercial ammo there isn't near the consistency and you end up chasing lot numbers and Federal is the worlds worst about that. JMHO

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

rbreedi1

Looks like $49.95 for 3.5" and $44.95 for 3". Looks like they have .410 ga as well as 20 ga. Thanks for sharing Full Fan
Thunder Ridge Totes

buzzardroost

I can't get to that link for whatever reason. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Quote from: rbreedi1 on December 21, 2017, 09:46:55 AM
Looks like $49.95 for 3.5" and $44.95 for 3". Looks like they have .410 ga as well as 20 ga. Thanks for sharing Full Fan

I'm hoping the price keeps the general public from buying these up, just hope they don't advertise it like hevi did as a long range cartridge last thing we need is public land filled with guys reading how their new load is lethal to 100yds or some BS
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

buzzardroost

I've seen the ad now. I think there's a mistake. A model number implies 9 shot for the 20 gauge but the corresponding description says 7. So I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbreedi1

I don't see the general public standing in line to buy these at this price but I may be wrong.
Thunder Ridge Totes