OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Please explain this photobucket thing to me??

Started by Happy hooker, August 01, 2017, 08:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

Guys I'm not at all computer savvy,,,I don't get what the whole picture thing is now. I love going into the archives and seeing beautiful calls in old posts or googling something just to see what they look like,,now I can't see them,,,does this mean ONE company has a monopoly on all pictures that exists on the internet or is there some other way around them???

SteelerFan

Photobucket is / was a "hosting" site that housed 100's of thousands of photos for "members" that have / had free accounts. A user could create their own page, upload pics and store them there. They could share the pics from their photobucket page to sites like this one.

Photobucket has now - for the most part - taken most of these "free" accounts hostage, for lack of a better term... wanting the user to pay a fee to access their account. So, instead of seeing the picture (in the link) - you see their "ransom" note wanting money to unlock the picture.

Happy

One of te reasons I never trusted a hosting site. I can put them on straight from my phone either using tapatalk or college studio from my phone. I just have to resize in photo studio and I am golden. I an not that tech say either but I punched buttons till I figured it out.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

ChainReactionGC

Same thing that took much pics down yesterday.  They just started recently. I don't see Photobucket being around too much longer. No one is going to pay the ridiculous price they are asking.
There's going to be a bunch of broken links to pics all over the net.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk