turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DOES ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS PRINT?

Started by SKFOOTER, July 04, 2017, 11:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Just saw this print posted on Facebook but no one knows where it can be found.  Can someone point me in the right direction??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgm1955

Can't help but that is definitely cool.

compton30

That's awesome. I think if I decide to get a gobbler tat I would want it to be similar to that.

spurman

The turkey is by Larry Zack, it's called Oak Ridge Monarch. But do not know who did that print.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

davisd9

The flag was photoshopped on to the print.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Cut N Run

I don't know, but I'd probably cluck one time quiet on a mouth to get his head up, then feed him some Hevi Shot at high velocity.  Cool painting. 

I wish turkey season would hurry up and get here...I'm suffering from some serious withdrawal that fishing just won't cure.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

tha bugman

Oak Ridge Monarch...I have seen the print but not one with the flag on it.  As someone said I guess it was added.

SKFOOTER

Any idea where I can find this Larry Zach gobbler print??

compton30

Quote from: SKFOOTER on July 05, 2017, 11:10:20 PM
Any idea where I can find this Larry Zach gobbler print??

If you Google "Oak Ridge Monarch" it's the first link that appears. I guess I've already done it for you so here

https://www.zachwildlifeart.com/collections/all/products/oak-ridge-monarch

SKFOOTER

Thanks but I've already searched the web and Larry's website only offers this in a canvas print.  I want the paper.

spaightlabs

keep an eye on eBay - they come upon in a while.

Yoder409

That is the first print I ever bought and is STILL one of my very favorites........

That particular print is from 1993 and it started quite a few years of me collecting prints. I have #540/1950.  To buy one from the original run of prints will likely run you north of $500 today.

Also have had the turkey image from the print tattooed on my left shoulder for about 15 years.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Hooksfan

I happen to have that print. Got it at a banquet years ago.
Mine is #229/1075.
It is in a nice matted frame, but I broke the glass on it during a move a couple years ago and it has been I n a closet ever since.
It has always been one of my favorite. If you look close, there are some morel mushrooms around the base of the tree.
I could possibly be persuaded to part with it.

Yoder409

Quote from: Hooksfan on July 08, 2017, 11:28:58 PMIf you look close, there are some morel mushrooms around the base of the tree.

If you look REALLY closely, there are a few other things hiding in that picture.

Larry, like Jack Paluh, (or vice versa............not sure who started it) puts little things most won't notice into many of his works.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gobble!

Quote from: Yoder409 on July 07, 2017, 11:56:24 PM
That is the first print I ever bought and is STILL one of my very favorites........

That particular print is from 1993 and it started quite a few years of me collecting prints. I have #540/1950.  To buy one from the original run of prints will likely run you north of $500 today.

Also have had the turkey image from the print tattooed on my left shoulder for about 15 years.

Any chance we can get a pic of that tattoo? Going to get a turkey related tattoo sooner or later just toying around with ideas at this point.