OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WTB Anything Blue Mahoe and Anything from Schaffer.

Started by HookedonHooks, June 29, 2017, 09:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

I'm in the market for quite a bit right now, looking for anything from Schaffer, any surface. I'm also looking for any Crystal calls in Blue Mahoe wood.

Coop1082

For a Mahoe, if you can't find anything here check out Derrick Stuckey at obsessioncustomcalls on eBay. I run his strikers exclusively and he's one heck of a striker maker, but he does pots as well. Seen some mention around here for his pots and all has been very positive. He has a blue mahoe crystal up for 65.00 right now.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

HookedonHooks

Thanks for the heads up Coop, I actually spotted those calls earlier today am in the process of getting the 09517 that's listed from him and having him likely make a Crystal/alum out of the real purplish blank he's still got.

Coop1082

Get you a Macassar Ebony striker from him as well and thank me later! Lol
CRUSADERS

[/img]

beardhunter87

Ya he made me a Crystal Aluminum Maho that was sweeeeet. a lucky guy on here I sold it to when I purchased a few trumpets and boxes :/ Jimmy's Mahoe is hands down the best in my opinion but Stuckey's was great sounding also! His Maho over Glass in my opinion has that crisper sound and I love aluminum but on Stuckey, go with Mahoe Crystal/Glass

dixiemagnum80

I pretty much quit trying to buy stuff on the classified adds cause I couldn't check it often enough to buy anything. I called Jimmy last week. He's making a run of pots right now and told me my calls would be ready in 4 weeks or less. That was way better than trying to beat someone to the punch on here, not to mention the great conversation I got to have with him.....You might just give him a call

BABS9

Gotta love Jimmy's Blue Mahoe Crystal. One of my favorites. Figured I'd show mine off.I sent him a feather from a bird I shot couple years ago and he put it in as well. Nice personal touch. Give Jimmy a call!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]

pauld

Trying to get some dry Mahoe in now. All my stock is still green and have several orders waiting on it.

Fieldturkey

Paul I want a mahoe glass when you get some ready!

HookedonHooks

HookedonHooks

Quote from: pauld on June 30, 2017, 06:26:16 PM
Trying to get some dry Mahoe in now. All my stock is still green and have several orders waiting on it.
[/quote
Yes sir! I'm on the list already, can't wait to see what your gonna be able to come up with in the Mahoe... Get me a few pics of those blanks in the Burls we discussed when you get a chance.... No rush, obviously.