OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VanCise Box

Started by Spring Creek Calls, June 19, 2017, 07:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

Spitten and drummen

Just ordered a black palm over black limba. Man I gotta slow down. Box # 5 from matt. They are some fine sounding box calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Coop1082

You got the last piece of colored black limba he had didn't you S&D.... :-[ I knew I should've just went ahead and bit a little while ago! Lol
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Coop1082 on July 07, 2017, 10:28:26 PM
You got the last piece of colored black limba he had didn't you S&D.... :-[ I knew I should've just went ahead and bit a little while ago! Lol

I did ask for the dark limba. I believe it could be considered ambrosia as it has the worm holes and staining around them. Sorry it was the last piece but I'll bet he has more soon.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Coop1082

He just ordered some more with some good color Mr. Mike! I can't wait to see that piece of limba you got!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

outdoors

ITS VERY HOT @ HUMID HEAR  SOOO
I WAS OUTSIDE PLAYING MY NEW ADDICTION , Snakewood and Pecan
AND MY WIFE THOUGHT I WAS IN THE OTHER ROOM PLAYING THIS
SHE SAID THE CLUCKS AND YELPS SOUNDED SOOO CLEAR
ILL BET THIS BEUT WILL TRAVEL VERY FAR IN THE WOODS    :happy0064:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

No I didnt get it. He said he has more wood on order and mine will come out of that batch. I will tell you that I have never heard a better yelp out of a box than the one I get out of this sapadillo over beech. The others I have are all great , but this one is the cats meow.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

vt35mag

Any sound files of the Sapodilla over Beech?
Just got the Ipe over Chestnut and it is all turkey. I didn't get to try out the slate over copper yet. I wore through my wife's patience playing the box, haha.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: vt35mag on July 08, 2017, 09:01:47 PM
Any sound files of the Sapodilla over Beech?
Just got the Ipe over Chestnut and it is all turkey. I didn't get to try out the slate over copper yet. I wore through my wife's patience playing the box, haha.

It's one on his facebook page. The ipe over chestnut is great but the sapadillo , man oh man.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Jbird22

Couldn't find the Sapodilla over Beech on his FB page. Out of the ones I listened to, I liked the Wenge over Wormy Butternut and Sapodilla over American Chestnut best.

TauntoHawk

You guys are killing me with these. I have a 4 box order from another maker thats been 15months in and I know if I buy a van cise that order will be completed and I'll have to scramble to pony up money and explain to the wife why I'm still buying too many calls.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vt35mag

Some nice looking boxes posted so far, here are my two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Jbird , my bad . Mine is sapodillo over american chestnut. I have so dang many that im mixing the combos up lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Coop1082

Just for those who didn't see my separate topic. Snakewood/Pecan. Beautiful boxes there too VT35! I can not wait for next year to roll around and go get Matt's box, soon to be boxes, in the woods! I am still incredibly impressed!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Jbird22

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on July 09, 2017, 03:18:14 PM
Jbird , my bad . Mine is sapodillo over american chestnut. I have so dang many that im mixing the combos up lol.
You got a good one! I like the sound of that one for sure.