OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

shot size?

Started by knightrider, February 10, 2011, 09:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

oops should be 1 1/4oz.my bad

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Thegobblergetter

About my grandson's 870 I forgot to mention that those numbers in a 10" circle were at a laser-measured 40yds.

pullit

When I ran lead, I was shooting Fed #6 2oz, 3"

Reloader

Win 3" 1-7/8oz #6, Win HV 1-3/4oz #6, Win HV 3.5" 2oz #6, and Federal pre FC 3-2-6 always patterned the best for me when it came to lead.  Had 50yd patterns with some rigs and 45yds with others.

frank1969

win #5 i dont worry about pellet count callthem close and kill them clean

Boomstick

this will be my first season turkey hunting, but i patterned the hornady 3" nickel plated #5 and i like them alot, and i also patterned the remington nitro turkey in a number 5 and liked them as well, ill make my decision about which one to use when i get my new choke in and pattern again.

charlile
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

bawana

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 11, 2011, 10:47:22 AM
The old discontinued Federal Premium 3-2-7.5's.  With almost 700 pellets per round, it's like pushing them thru a screen door.  And anyone saying they don't pack enough punch at 40 yards to kill a turkey has obviously never tried them.  :)     I've stockpiled quite a few boxes...
Unfortunately for me, I watched three turkeys fly away when I shot at them at forty yards with this load, Thirty yards it put a thumping on them. At forty it would knock em down, but they got up and flew away >:( Did make for some great crow loads!

stinkpickle

Quote from: bawana on April 04, 2011, 10:55:04 AM
Quote from: stinkpickle on February 11, 2011, 10:47:22 AM
The old discontinued Federal Premium 3-2-7.5's.  With almost 700 pellets per round, it's like pushing them thru a screen door.  And anyone saying they don't pack enough punch at 40 yards to kill a turkey has obviously never tried them.  :)     I've stockpiled quite a few boxes...
Unfortunately for me, I watched three turkeys fly away when I shot at them at forty yards with this load, Thirty yards it put a thumping on them. At forty it would knock em down, but they got up and flew away >:( Did make for some great crow loads!

It knocked them down at 40 yards by hitting them in the head and neck???