turkeys for tomorrow

FS Tice,Strawser,daybreak,Schaffer and more

Started by jjnfla, June 13, 2017, 07:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Quote from: davisd9 on June 14, 2017, 05:37:58 PM
Quote from: jjnfla on June 14, 2017, 05:08:10 PM
Well sorry for all the drama guys..
I truly used the timestamp from pms and off the post to make sure first who said they wanted the calls got the call.
So sorry if anyones feelings got hurt it was not my intention.

You have nothing to apologize for. You did nothing wrong. One person is crying cause they think they are special. You did good business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree you did nothing wrong. But crying... I am not.

This classified needed adjustments to the way things are operated. So I brought attention to the problem. Now that there's going to be rules in place, these situations will be avoided in the future.

Jroddc

I truly used the timestamp from pms and off the post to make sure first who said they wanted the calls got the call.
So you did the right thing and sold to who committed to buy calls in the order they either posted or pm'd, nothing to apologize for... Cry babies will be cry babies, I guess.... Does somebody need a participation trophy?

sbbow

You have nothing to be sorry for. I always went by the time stamps too whether it was pm or post .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Jbird22

Quote from: davisd9 on June 14, 2017, 02:21:08 PM
Think a guy should have the right to ask a few questions about a call before spending his hard earned money on it. I always go in order I am contacted, post or pm, by time stamp and that includes the guys just inquiring. I answer and give them a reasonable time to get back to me, if they do not o contact them and say if I do not hear anything by such and such time I am moving to the next. That way people can be confident in their purchase and I am being fair. Just how I do it and will continue to do it.
Agreed! The first post "I'll take it" doesn't suit me at all. As long as the seller is going by who contacted him first, whether by PM or post like jjnfla did, then there's not a problem. Those who are complaining must not buy and sell much on other sites because they all operate that way and nobody complains. You win some, you lose some. That's just part of buying/selling online.

jed clampett

Quote from: jed clampett on June 14, 2017, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: compton30 on June 14, 2017, 04:51:48 PM
Quote from: MDTOM84 on June 14, 2017, 12:10:15 PM
Shannon I think there should not be anymore PMs with (I will take it). Make everyone post to the original post saying that (I will take it). That way everyone can see who posted first. If you want to buy a call post to the original post saying that you want the call, then send a PM to the person selling the call. Just my 2 cents. Thanks TJ

I think this is absolutely the way it needs to be
THIS.....PERFECT!
after thinking about this...on high end boxes I would want to have a sound file before I drop a couple hundred...so announcing I will take it commits you to buying the call...and it may not be what you want..it could sound like crap

yelpy

Quote from: jed clampett on June 16, 2017, 05:22:29 AM
Shannon I think there should not be anymore PMs with (I will take it). Make everyone post to the original post saying that (I will take it). That way everyone can see who posted first. If you want to buy a call post to the original post saying that you want the call, then send a PM to the person selling the call. Just my 2 cents. Thanks TJ

THIS.....PERFECT!
after thinking about this...on high end boxes I would want to have a sound file before I drop a couple hundred...so announcing I will take it commits you to buying the call...and it may not be what you want..it could sound like crap

I see no reason why you should have to say Ill take it in the post. That is between you and the seller not the whole world. Might as well auction the calls off if that's what is going to be done here. Maybe some guys don't want everybody and there brother knowing they are buying up calls. Making guys post Ill take it is the wrong way to go about it!!!!!

thuber

Quote from: yelpy on June 16, 2017, 06:03:51 AM

THIS.....PERFECT!

I see no reason why you should have to say Ill take it in the post. That is between you and the seller not the whole world. Might as well auction the calls off if that's what is going to be done here. Maybe some guys don't want everybody and there brother knowing they are buying up calls. Making guys post Ill take it is the wrong way to go about it!!!!!
X2

Lonehowl

Whatever is decided, I hope it is not made so complex that it keeps people from posting/buying. Nothing is perfect, and I think that a little communication and understanding between seller and potential buyers wins the day overall. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Another call will come along at some point. Is it that big a deal ...really?
Mark

Jbird22

Take the time to share your stance at the link below. Please ONLY reply with OPTION 1 or OPTION 2. Trying to cut down on the rhetoric so the topic doesn't get derailed.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,75645.0.html

Roost 1

Quote from: Lonehowl on June 16, 2017, 01:14:42 PM
Whatever is decided, I hope it is not made so complex that it keeps people from posting/buying. Nothing is perfect, and I think that a little communication and understanding between seller and potential buyers wins the day overall. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Another call will come along at some point. Is it that big a deal ...really?
Mark

Great post...

3bailey3

This is still unbelievable to me I guy post up some great pots for sell at great prices, and all this garbage is still going on, every one was happy but one, thanks Jessie I just got my call and I am so happy, the worm holes are great, this is my fourth Hanks and I think one of the best calls made.

Chris Downs

Is the Sadler call still available?  Is it crystal or glass?

jjnfla

The Sadler call is still available,im not sure if its glass or crystal tho..

CMBOSTC

Quote from: yelpy on June 16, 2017, 06:03:51 AM

THIS.....PERFECT!

Agreed, I know I wouldn't want the whole world to know that I'm buying calls and which calls I have. To me, it poses two security problems. One, people know what calls I have. Two, if you are spending money... you have money!