OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Matt Van Cise - High Class Calls

Started by SteelerFan, June 03, 2017, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

The only way I could reach him was facebook but he responded almost immediately. Steeler fan is right , the hard part is picking one.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

SteelerFan

For those without FaceBook access...

I was able to download just a couple of Matt's sound files to YouTube.

This is IPE over POPLAR box...

https://youtu.be/-Eoyu03NY1E

Here is Macassar over Poplar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coT15HWYe_g

vt35mag

Thanks for the pm's guys.
Got a hold of Matt, now have a bloodwood/beech in the works!

beardhunter87

I would love to hear a sound file on the green slate over copper soundboard. I also ordered a box call from him as I had to join :p Chatke Viga over Sugar Maple

Quote from: outdoors on June 10, 2017, 08:40:59 PM
I JUST RECEIVED MY PACKAGE TODAY , AND WOW THERE   :icon_thumright: all good  :icon_thumright:
WENGE  CRYSTAL POT
WHITE OAK GREEN SLATE OVER COPPER
BOX IPE STRIKER OVER POPLAR
VERY VERY HAPPY

ooo the green slate is down right raspy ........

Spring Creek Calls

Chatke viga over persimmon.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

beardhunter87

Hey Mike, how does that bad boy sound???

Mossberg835

Can someone pm me his prices on his bixes?

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: beardhunter87 on June 21, 2017, 07:27:09 PM
Hey Mike, how does that bad boy sound???

It sounds great. It also fits the hand very well and plays easy.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

vt35mag

Matt emailed me last night to say my Bloodwood over Beech is done.  I will weigh in on it when I see it.

Curious about the green slate over copper combo.  I will have to look into that one.... I have to stop visiting this forum, its getting way to expensive!

dixiemagnum80

I snagged a couple of his strikers a couple months ago. Dymondwood and bloodwood......man are they nice. I ordered them through Facebook one morning and he messaged me later that afternoon to tell me they were ready to ship. From a block of wood, to ready to ship in less than 12 hours.

sixbird

Quote from: dixiemagnum80 on June 22, 2017, 11:31:44 AM
I snagged a couple of his strikers a couple months ago. Dymondwood and bloodwood......man are they nice. I ordered them through Facebook one morning and he messaged me later that afternoon to tell me they were ready to ship. From a block of wood, to ready to ship in less than 12 hours.

I did the same a while ago. He answered right back and said he'd start turning the striker that night. The next day I got a pic. message of the different steps in the progression and soon afterwards notification that it had shipped...VERY good customer experience and the striker is a VERY good one!

outdoors

HEY , I GOT INTOUCH WITH HIM ABOUT TWO STRIKERS HE SAID
$40 a PEICE ..... Is this right .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Coop1082

Talked to Matt today. A few of you know I am a now father of a little girl to go along with my two year old boy, so money is tight! After the recent talk on here and VERY little play money left, I messaged Matt and decided to make one of his boxes my last purchase for possibly quite a few months. I asked him to make me a macassar over Poplar. About two hours ago he messaged me and asked me to call him. He informed me on the phone he couldn't get the Poplar to work right. One side was great, the other wasn't, and it was the only two pieces of Poplar he currently had. He then told me due to me already paying for that particular call and him not being able to get it to work, that he would build me a snakewood over pecan or beech and whichever sounded the best was mine for the taking, no extra charge for the snakewood. If that's not standing behind your product and being just a plain awesome guy I don't know what is. First experience with Matt, and I'm sold for many more. Just figured I'd share with you fellas! Should ship tomorrow and I'll be sure to get pictures up when it gets in!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

beardhunter87

He shipped mine yesterday! Wish he ran into a problem  :drool: love Snakewood for boxes! Can't wait to see it and hear it

dixiemagnum80

Quote from: outdoors on June 23, 2017, 09:33:47 PM
HEY , I GOT INTOUCH WITH HIM ABOUT TWO STRIKERS HE SAID
$40 a PEICE ..... Is this right .....

Yes.....$40 each