OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is it a waste of time?

Started by autoxr84, April 13, 2011, 11:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxr84

Well here is the dilemma...  I can only hunt weekends and I work every Sat until 1pm.  I would not be able to hit the woods til about 2:30.  I have plans this Sunday but it is opening weekend in KY for turkey.  This being the first time I have ever gone, I am really excited to go.  But would it be a waste of time to get into the woods that late on Saturday?  I know it is best to be in before daylight and all but help me out guys and gals!!!   ;D

shad309

Go when you can because you sure wont kill a turkey if you're not in the woods. Turkeys can be killed all day long!

West Augusta

It's never a waste of time to be in the woods. You can always learn something, see something.  Get out there and enjoy.  Some of the best hunts I ever had were one's where not a shot was fired.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

new2turkey

Quote from: shad309 on April 13, 2011, 12:06:28 PM
Go when you can because you sure wont kill a turkey if you're not in the woods. Turkeys can be killed all day long!

x2  :z-guntootsmiley:

ElkTurkMan

There's no such thing as a bad time to be in the Woods.   Afternoons can be excellent .   The last 5 birds I've shot have all been in the afternoon. 

PANYHunter

TauntoHawk

If your state lets you hunt afternoons then heck yes its worth it
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bowhunter84

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

autoxr84

Thanks everyone!!!  I will have my gear loaded up and leaving work in camo!!!  Hopefully I will be loading up some pics of my first turkey on here Saturday night!!!

a-j calls

Any time in the woods, is NEVER a waste of time.

mightyjoeyoung

Think it's about time you got your priorities straight and got out in those woods!!! :you_rock:    Like was said before you aren't gonna kill em if you aren't in the woods! :z-guntootsmiley:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

hunttherut

:agreed:

30_06

Definitely not a waste of time! I tagged out this past Saturday around 7pm, got out there around 3pm....if I can do it anyone can.

Skinman

Never a waste of time brother, afternoons are good times cause usually they have dropped their early morning hens and are out looking for some more, you got a better chance of killing one out there in the woods than inside wishing ya would have gone....good luck to ya man

siyakadog

killed many in the aftrnoon but never killed while sittin on the couch!  oh maybe on the WII :z-guntootsmiley: