turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First few from the new shop...

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, June 02, 2017, 04:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Love mine.  Looks great, sounds better. Favorite scratchbox to date.

KellyP

Very nice Allen! Maybe I can get one from you at the next Unicoi. Always a pleasure to talk to you there.

tha bugman

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thank you to everyone!  And Kelly the pleasure is all mine and I'll be sure to hook you up.   :smiley-char092:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

sixbird

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on June 03, 2017, 10:34:58 AM
Quote from: sixbird on June 03, 2017, 10:24:21 AM
I have one on order. As soon as I saw the design, I knew I had to have one. Just the name is enough to make you buy one. Then you see it and you think, "What a unique design..." Then you hear it..."Gotta' have one!"
My question...I seem to recall hearing or seeing something that made me think there may be a few iterations or models. Is this so?

As far as the 'hooch boxes' go there are two models. Regular and XL.  I also make other scratchers but these get the best results so far.

What's the difference between the regular and the XL aside from the obvious, size?

KentuckyHeadhunter

The XL has more volume and depth.  A more mature hen sound.  It fits better in my hand and it's what I prefer to hunt personally with.  I have made way fewer of the XL version. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

The Cohutta Strutter

Hey Allen, just wanted to update and send out a praise. After finally getting to spend time running the scratchboxes you made me I can say I really like them. I have to admit the XL takes it up a notch mainly in volume but it also  is such an easy playing and responsive call. I don't know exactly what you did to bring out the turkey in that call but you did a fantastic job with it ! I have several scratchboxes from several call makers that are often mentioned and recommended on this site and based off that I can say you have a very good thing going with the design of your calls. Great job and I hope you continue on with it. David.
Anybody seen America lately?