turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 12ga

Started by Sampsta, February 19, 2020, 02:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

I've been hunting with one since '06 and it's yet to fail me, might have jinxed myself now though  ;)  In all seriousness it's a proven turkey killer and has traveled to TX and NC and served me well just as it has in VA.  In lead mine patterns Win HV 3.5" 5's great, in Hevi it liked 3.5" 7's, these are thru a Star Dot.  I had a Briley's .675 when I first bought it and shot the old Hevi white 3" 1 3/4oz 6's, patterned those great also.  My factory ulti full likes the Fed. 3" TSS 9's and Hevi 3" 1 3/4oz 4's (surprisingly good pattern from that load).  All manufacturers have quirks, I hunted with a field version 500 for 9 years before I bought the 835.  As a lefty, left handed shotguns are tough to come by and I like the ambidextrous safety that Mossberg uses for the simple fact I can use a right hand gun as left hand shooter.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

mr perfect

As  others have said they pattern well . i have several 870 they pattern ok but not like a 835 mossberg . yes they are klunky and not made to show but they are made to go .

surehuntsalot

had mine for over 15 years
best patterning turkey gun made
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Tom007

Built like a tank, and from what I hear, they knock turkeys down like one :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

Meleagris gallopavo

I've got 2 older 835s.  I'd never consider another turkey gun at the moment. 
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Cowboy

Love my 835 as well. I have a Realtree NWTF model. Awesome gun. Mine doubles as a yote killer too. Flattened 2 coyotes this winter in one day at 40 yard range.  You wont regret the purchase.

Fullfan

I will throw my .02 in here. Bought one back in 1988 because it was the first 3.5 gun made.  Not many after market chokes available and think I shot a Hastings in it. Shooting 2 1/4oz it shot ok. But the gun was cheaply made. Fore arm had so much slop and made noise. Trigger was terrible with at least 1/4 of creep.
Mine has not hunted since 1991, and is a home defense weapon loaded with some Buck shot.  I would not buy another one, other guns are better made. 
Don't gobble at me...