OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flying with a gun.... I'm concerned.

Started by TheSportsman, May 24, 2017, 10:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blong

Continental left ours in Houston last week. We left ICt without them at 10:30 am with the promise that a carrier would bring them 3.5 hrs to our hotel when the arrived on the next flight at 2:30 pm.  Flydown is 5:45 out there, the guns arrived at 4:30 am.

joey46

Going to bump this up one more time since I received a notification from the NRA that they now recommend not flying with a gun if boarding in either New York or New Jersey.  Appears at first look this is more of a handgun problem but be aware.  Lots of scary stuff in the entire e mail and related stories.  The :deadhorse: revives.

birdhunterdave

I have flown many times with firearms with out any trouble. I would call the airline and check regs, you shouldn't have any problems.

FL-Boss

Quote from: joey46 on August 12, 2017, 01:46:36 PM
Going to bump this up one more time since I received a notification from the NRA that they now recommend not flying with a gun if boarding in either New York or New Jersey.  Appears at first look this is more of a handgun problem but be aware.  Lots of scary stuff in the entire e mail and related stories.  The :deadhorse: revives.

It's the job of the NRA to scare you, it's how they increase membership. I imagine they have to try a little harder since Obama left office... Obama was the best thing that ever happened to the NRA.. and all gun manufactures for that matter.  NY and NJ have always been spotty in regards to flying with guns..
Either way, NRA is good, happy to be a member.

WW

I've always shipped mine to the outfitter but I will check mine and fly with it for my next hunting trip. Exactly what is the process? I haven't looked into it, other than having a couple of locks on a hard case.

ChiefBubba

https://www.google.com/amp/freebeacon.com/issues/john-stossel-interviews-gun-owners-arrested-traveling-new-york/amp/

Here's a link I've been seeing the past week. Take from it what you will but a quick google search will give you plenty of reading.
I have flown plenty of times and some good advice here. Use a very good hard case, some good locks, check them at the counter. Always fly Ammo in the original package. Bubba

HartClemson99

I fly with a gun(s) round trip about 20 times a year.  I have been doing this for about 15 years.  Buy a Pelican storm case and you will have no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

2INCHHOOKS

Delta is one o the best .. just make sure your case is TSA approved and ammo is in factory box and u will slide through

trkehunr93

I've only done it once in 2010 flying to TX, no problems at all.  Just follow the TSA guidelines to the letter and you'll be fine.