OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Q: #1 way to have a classifieds add straight up deleted is....

Started by Old Gobbler, May 15, 2017, 11:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

A:  To make a add without a picture
the policy for including a picture is MANDATORY it helps safeguard our valued members against fraud you may say this or that and may trust a person but the rules are there for YOUR BENIFIT , I've had folks get burned before

Firm price guys ...this isn't ebay , if we allowed auctions , this place would be swamped with ebay kit call makers in no time flat , and there would be shill bidding to jack up prices ---Again FIRM PRICE

--- Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

outdoors

THANKS SHANNON FOR THE GREAT @ RESPONSIBLE CHORE U HAVE TAKEN ON
IVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR A WHILE AND I ENJOY THIS WEB SITE ALOT ..............
PS:EVEN THOUGH IT COST ME A BUNCH OF $$.$$.  ALL GOOD.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bowguy

Quote from: warrent423 on May 15, 2017, 01:17:09 PM
10-4 My bad. Calls were sold and are in the mail. Won't happen again ;)
With all due respect you told the fellow to send money after the calls were received. So the cash isn't headed your way. Easy fix to just pm the guy n tell him to at least just send the original price of $50. Only $20 dif but shows it was an honest mistake all the way around. Or if the money was sent you could just refund the fellow $20.
If you need a stamp for return postage on that refund I'll personally send you one. Just let me know

beakbuster10

Quote from: warrent423 on May 15, 2017, 09:48:21 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on May 15, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
With all due respect you told the fellow to send money after the calls were received. So the cash isn't headed your way. Easy fix to just pm the guy n tell him to at least just send the original price of $50. Only $20 dif but shows it was an honest mistake all the way around. Or if the money was sent you could just refund the fellow $20.
If you need a stamp for return postage on that refund I'll personally send you one. Just let me know
Calls were sold and shipped together to the buyer for $70. Told the man to send me money after he received calls. With all due respect, mind your own business and you won't be minding mine ;)

If you read and abided by the classified rules no one would have to mind your business for you. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhuntr73

Hmmmm,,,,, this is a member's forum, so I believe it is all the member's business what transpires here?? Could be wrong though!

davisd9

Think someone that was involved should do a nice write up in the feedback section so the bad business can be remembered and prevented. I would but I had no interest or did not try to get call. That section is for positive or negative feedback to help members.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Bowguy

Quote from: warrent423 on May 15, 2017, 09:48:21 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on May 15, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
Calls were sold and shipped together to the buyer for $70. Told the man to send me money after he received calls. With all due respect, mind your own business and you won't be minding mine ;)
Buddy there's a certain way you treat people in life, the way things happened here didn't seem it. Would it be ok if it happened to your son or daughter?
No one pried into your business you aired the way you conducted yourself in this transaction. I was only suggesting ways to right it if you made a legitimate mistake.

worth612000

Just curious. How many guys were wanting the calls @ $50? Before he realized the real price was $70. What a joke!

callaway71

Quote from: warrent423 on May 16, 2017, 12:16:26 PM
I will explain this one time. I am not smart enough to post pics on here. I did not read rules before I posted these calls. That was a mistake on my part. Original price was $50 for both. Of the 14 or so pm's I received, 3 of you offered between $50 and $60 for the Sneed pot alone. Again, I did not read rules as far as "bidding" wars go. My mistake. Raised price to $70 for both, again my mistake, and sold calls to first one to confirm on that price. As far as my integrity and honor are concerned, I believe allowing the man to receive the calls before sending the money demonstrates that ;), as I also do not have paypal. Thank you Shannon for the respect and it will not happen again.

My pm confirmed I would take them if they were available and I did not ask for pics. I pmed less than 11 minutes after you posted. Guess you over looked my pm when you saw you could get more money.  Seems to me you gave it enough time for others to offer more money instead of selling them when someone committed.

BigNiv

I also pm'ed and said I take them if the first guy backed out or I'd take the ss that was left. Seems like there was quite a bit of interest in then and someone saw $$. Even after people spoke up it still went one till someone threw out the $70 offer

TauntoHawk

The unspoken eddecit of the site that allow most of us to buy/sell/trade with trust is that the first post (based on time stamp) in the thread or pm that says "I will take it" gets a minimum of 24hrs to produce confirmation on payment or further detail of the transaction at the posted price.

If the very first PM had been I'll take them and I'd like to pay you $20 more then there would be no issue.

It's that "I will take them" messages that were ignored for later higher bids. Simple fact is that on a first come first serve classifieds board someone(s) got piggyback?ed for a $20 profit.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of having the intention of price jacking your own threads?. But they won't hold back from making it an example to other less regular or new coming members of the system we have in place. That the appropriate response was to sell the calls at $50 to the first responder who claimed them and notified the others that they had been claimed you mistakenly under priced them and recieved over whelming interest and if they fell through they would be next in line and so on for the items.

And yes I've received better offers after having someone claim a call at a price I posted as have many members but the honor and trust inside the classifieds that I find on this site and not others is worth more than the price of a few shells. You have the right to sell for $70 Just don't be offended when members blacklist you from their future dealings.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowhuntr73

1iagobblergetter

One way to stop this from happening is possibly not having any personal messaging I'll take its. Meaning first posted I'll take it gets the call. Only bad side is if you have a few questions first someone else could take it while a guy was hashing details out. Good side is everything would be in the open. 

JHoyle

You shouldn't have to change the whole system because one clown doesn't have any ethics. Simply don't do business with him.