OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

b mobile vs killer b

Started by Belo83, April 12, 2011, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belo83

Was wondering if the killer b is worth the extra money? I've found the b mobile for as little as $42 shipped on amazon and killer b is on sale for as little as $60 plus shipping at most places.

thanks.

mightyjoeyoung

Neither!  Carrylite Pretty Boy and Pretty Girl combo.  Look more realistic and all you need for a natural fan is a dried one. I have both a jake and full fan for any situation.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Belo83

i'll check them out. they look pretty solid too

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Belo83 on April 14, 2011, 03:13:36 PM
i'll check them out. they look pretty solid too

That's actually the only thing I would change about them is that The tom decoy isn't anywhere near as flexible as the Primos models.  They are more realistic looking but can be a little cumbersom to carry, especially if your carrying in your shotgun a blind and the deeks.  They do come with a decent carry bag though.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

bowhunter84

Quote from: JohnDoe on April 14, 2011, 08:04:02 PM
Killer B has too many bells and whistles. Pretty boy the fan is too stiff. I like B Mobile cause I can make the fan loose and it will move in the light wind of early morning.

John
:agreed:   i like the jake mobile too

Sorgy

I have the B-mobile and I like the way the tail can move as well on it. It comes with a nice decoy bag and I can fit a colapsible hen or 2 in the body of the decoy for transport as well as a folded up tail. It does not weigh much and is still quiet enough to carry in the woods.
I do not have near as much experience as others on this site though :fire:

I have also added some extra red to the waddles and such- some guy's have added the taxidermy eyes to theirs as well.

Good Luck

Steve

gophert

Killer B has too many bells and whistles. Pretty boy the fan is too stiff. I like B Mobile cause I can make the fan loose and it will move in the light wind of early morning.

John

To me, decoys are all about portability and I found that I can pack two hens inside B-Mobile and I am good to go.  I too like to set up my B with a loose fan and steak.  Here in middle TN, the wind always blows this time of the year and the movement is priceless.  Called in a huge bird for my daughter the other week.  The bird stood behind us strutting for what seemed like forever until the wind moved the decoys.  That was all it took.  He came and stood right in the middle.  I also like to set my decoys up in a triangle set up.  Here is the video of the hunt I was referring to.  Watch at around 1:57 when the decoys move....he came in shortly after that. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8lPFbm-Pk

Hootowl

gophert
              That was priceless, Not the Hunt, But what your Daughter Said right after he shot the Gobbler(Daddy I just Killed a Turkey), I am telling you that is your forever man. dont loose that Vidieo.  Now to the Hunt I could keep hear the clicking sound of the Gobbler and before It ran across the Bottom I knew that he was close. Man what a Hunt and to do it with your Daughter Great Job, Thats what its all about in my Book.

gophert

Thanks Hootowl!!!   Definitely an experience I will never forget. 

Gobblers_nightmare

That is priceless, thanks for sharing.
Really picked up my spirits, sitting here in the trailer waiting for these thunderstorms to pass.
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!

mossy835

Gophert I think you answered the question with your great video. You spent the time with your daughter and now you have a lifetime of memories that will only grow as she grows. Great video!

Bustabeak

B-Mobile was the best 69 dollars I've ever spent!  And as said earlier you can pack the fan(if you use the fan holder that folds up) and  a couple of hens inside b-mobile and throw them in in the bag and your good to go! Ol' B has brought about 7 birds to the ground for  and buddies over the bast three years!

bad0351

Quote from: gophert on April 20, 2011, 08:01:55 AM

John

To me, decoys are all about portability and I found that I can pack two hens inside B-Mobile and I am good to go.  I too like to set up my B with a loose fan and steak.  Here in middle TN, the wind always blows this time of the year and the movement is priceless.  Called in a huge bird for my daughter the other week.  The bird stood behind us strutting for what seemed like forever until the wind moved the decoys.  That was all it took.  He came and stood right in the middle.  I also like to set my decoys up in a triangle set up.  Here is the video of the hunt I was referring to.  Watch at around 1:57 when the decoys move....he came in shortly after that. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN8lPFbm-Pk

Man that video is PRICELESS!!!!I just love that! :z-guntootsmiley:
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....