turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best callmaker to get strikers from?

Started by wjones15, April 23, 2017, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjones15

I lost my favorite striker in the woods last weekend.  It was made out of diamond wood.  I would like to get a couple made out of different woods.  Who are some contacts people?

Jeffwhitecustomcalls

I have a striker from (West Augusta) Steve Torman and plan on getting more. It's a queenwood striker and it sounds good on my pots.

boatpaddle

Harold Fowler. ....He isn't a callmaker, but makes a mighty fine striker...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

davisd9

Quote from: boatpaddle on April 24, 2017, 06:36:55 AM

X2! Best strikers out there! Second would be Wendell Rye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SwampRooster17

Got a few from Bill Lyman that I really like. Also have a jatoba from Harold Fowler that I like a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Double B

And Derrick Stuckey, goes by Obsession calls on ebay.  Makes a very nice striker as do the others mentioned.   
Followed by buzzards

chefrific

Derrick Stuckey and Harold Fowler are the best I've tried without a doubt.
Get yourself a tulipwood, ipe, katalox, and a persimmon from both of them and call it a day.

merriamsman

I've got strikers from several of the well known makers, and I think it's hard to beat the strikers made by Derrick Stuckey.

pauld

Quote from: boatpaddle on April 24, 2017, 06:36:55 AM

Another vote for Mr.Harold!

Bowguy

Jbird22

Harold Fowler, Dad's (Dewey Johnson), Fred Cox, Derrick Stuckey, Wendell Rye, Andy Kaiser, Bill Lyman etc... all turn quality strikers. It's all in what feels best in your hand.

Ol Yelper

I have Lyman, Cox, Halloran, and they're all good. Also look into Matt McLains strikers. He makes good ones and has pretty good prices.

mgm1955