Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling on a pot? Did I just strike gold?

Started by HookedonHooks, May 04, 2017, 02:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

I was playing with a Knight & Hale pot I just got for like $10 and was messing around with heavy, boomy, sounds. I proceeded to let my wrist limp, hold the striker the opposite angle you usually yelp and also go against the grain the opposite direction from normal cuts and yelps. I just jerked it back and forth keeping my wrist loose, and I produced what I believe was actually a pretty darn good gobble. It sounds way better than the train whistle Flextone Thunder Gobble. Has anyone else done something similar with a slate pot? I could work on getting a video or sound file up of it for those that may be interested as well.

Bowhuntr73

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Disney

I'm very interested. Like to see your video and sound. That's great.
Maker of Timber Tune Custom made pot calls. Fine domestic and beautiful exotic wood.
timbertunes126@gmail.com

Tennessee Lead

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

I've seen a video of a guy doing using two strikers at the same time.. you def don't need a "gobble call" you can do them on box calls, mouth calls, and tube calls but I haven't tried a pot call thats for sure
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wvmntnhick

Saw a Steiker at the GAOS in PA this past year that came down in the shape of a "Y". It was designed to gobble on a pot call. Just run it back and forth real fast. Was fairly neat but a novelty at best.