turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Academy Sports and Walmart Shell Shortage in So Alabama

Started by R AJ, February 10, 2011, 06:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R AJ

Well for #6 H-13s in 12 gauge and #7s in any gauge. They have oodles of 4s and 5s
in 3.5", and all kinds of 5s and 4s in lead. I am talking no as in zero Winchester HV or red shell 3-2-6 at the store in Mobile. I wonder if they have already sold them off the shelves or if someone has failed to order 6s and 7s . ???

Walmart in Saraland has all empty shelves for all Win turkey loads and only shells there are the Remington 4 and 5 in 12 ga and #5 in 20 ga. all lead .  ::) :o

longbow59

Quints hardware will have all there shells out in a couple of weeks. Also Academy has hevi 6 in 3" and 3.5, got some two days ago.

BOFF

Still a little early in my opinion for the stores to be stocking the turkey shells here in Alabama. Give it another 2 weeks.

God Bless,
David B.

Jbird22

I have noticed that our local Wal-Mart has nothing but 4's and 5's in lead also. Not sure what's up with that. We do have a pawn shop in town that has a TON of H13 3.5" 7's. I haven't been to Academy in Slidell, LA lately but they usually have mostly 4's and 5's in H13. They do usually carry a few 6's in H13 but mostly have a big selection of lead in all sizes.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Win sells more of the #5's than either the 4's or 6's.

Gobble!

nothing for turkey hunting yet at my walmart but are season is a little after your

ElkTurkMan

Guys I am not sure if it's just me or not, but I am finding with your chosen ammo, it's best to buy early.  I started looking for my main squeeze (Hevi-13 3" 2oz #6's), right after the first of the year.  Being a traveling sales rep, I go a lot of places throught out the state of Georgia, and never found a box.  I ended up getting on the web, and finally found some at Midway USA.  Everyone else had them on Back order.  I guess from here on in I'll order any turkey ammo in the fall of the year.  Also I've been told by more than one good source, next weekend in Nashvillle ammo will sell out early, so if you can get there on Friday and make your chosen ammo's booth one of your first stops. 

vaturkey

Dunns Sporting Goods has better prices on Hevi 13 than anyone else that I know of.

3" 2oz #6 for 13.89 box

31/2"  21/4oz #6 for 15.49 box  They also have Mag Blends

:newmascot:

Phone#  636-475-4240
Vaturkey

gatrkyhntr70

Academy in Athens Ga. has the 3" hevi #6s. Someone at your location may have messed up. They have good prices but their employees arent the greatest.
Typical of the big stores.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

TrkyHntr

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on February 10, 2011, 09:05:47 PM
Academy in Athens Ga. has the 3" hevi #6s. Someone at your location may have messed up. They have good prices but their employees arent the greatest.
The Academy in Decatur,Al has the #6's too. I was in there the other day and asked an employee where the turkey choke were. I followed him around the corner to the next isle. He said here they are. There wasn't a turkey choke anywhere. All flush mount modifieds, fulls, etc. He didn't have a clue.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

n2deer

Quote from: TrkyHntr on February 10, 2011, 09:17:20 PM
The Academy in Decatur,Al has the #6's too. I was in there the other day and asked an employee where the turkey choke were. I followed him around the corner to the next isle. He said here they are. There wasn't a turkey choke anywhere. All flush mount modifieds, fulls, etc. He didn't have a clue.

Shane does shoals have any hevi in yet?

You been by there? They usually have a good selection.

Shane

TrkyHntr

Quote from: n2deer on February 11, 2011, 09:25:28 AM
Quote from: TrkyHntr on February 10, 2011, 09:17:20 PM

Shane does shoals have any hevi in yet?

You been by there? They usually have a good selection.

Shane
I haven't been by there yet, but they said last week when I called, they should have a shipment in this week.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!