turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I need a better facemask

Started by Life of Riley, April 10, 2017, 11:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

I've wore them my whole life and they're a pain in the turkey woods. I've tried half mask, 3/4 mask, loose mask, tight mask and my glasses fog up quite a bit. If it's cool and I break any kind of a sweat, when I stop, set up, they'll fog up every time. My wife works for an eye dr and has brought home this and that but still fogs up. I have a darker beard so I'm going with face paint. Nothing crazy, just enough to do the trick. Got some that comes off pretty easy and doesn't leave a residue.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

batsonbe

Ive got a 5-6" beard right now, so paint could work for me as well. Just prefer a mask for turkey hunting and paint for deer hunting personally. I'm debating on getting contacts just to wear while turkey hunting. I cant see much of anything in detail past 15-20 yards.

Sir-diealot

I have had problems with every mask I have ever owned fogging up my glasses except one and of course that one was lost. I paint my face black when I get in the blind.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

kjnengr

Quote from: batsonbe on February 17, 2018, 10:55:22 PM
Ive got a 5-6" beard right now, so paint could work for me as well. Just prefer a mask for turkey hunting and paint for deer hunting personally. I'm debating on getting contacts just to wear while turkey hunting. I cant see much of anything in detail past 15-20 yards.

I got contacts for that very reason.  Bow hunting for deer and turkey hunting were a lot more enjoyable with contacts than with carrying a pair of glasses or not being able to see very well. 

merriamsman

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 12, 2017, 12:43:33 PM
I like the simple and cheap H.S.Strut 3/4 mesh mask...I have used these for years after having the same issues with a bunch of different ones like your having.

I'll second this.

paboxcall

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 17, 2018, 12:21:29 AM
Quote from: Forked lighting on May 28, 2017, 10:49:06 AM
Bought 4 0f   these at walmart this morning were 10.00 marked down to 4.00

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
I really like those and stocked up on them myself .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For <$5, these are pretty good deal. Comfy too.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

WNCTracker

Quote from: merriamsman on March 04, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 12, 2017, 12:43:33 PM
I like the simple and cheap H.S.Strut 3/4 mesh mask...I have used these for years after having the same issues with a bunch of different ones like your having.

I'll second this.
Agreed. Tried a bunkerhead but it was just too much stuff. El cheap mesh face mask was the best. Now I switched to an aerowool tube from first lite and won't go back. Wicks heat away and glasses don't fog up nearly as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoMountainGobble

X2 on the Sitka mesh. Before that my glasses would fog up.  A trick I used to do back then was to pull the mask down below my nose, then put a little face paint just on my nose to reduce the glare and prevent fogging.

mtns2hunt

Looks like this post will live forever. I never realized so many people had so many issues with facemasks. I wear glasses and never had many issues with many different masks. I do like a mask that covers my whole face to lessen the risk of any glare when turkey hunting. The one I currently use is from Bass Pro. A short brimmed ball cap with attached camo mesh that is easy to see through. Check it out and it may solve many of the issues being experienced.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Jobofly

I just ordered and under armor face mask from amazon. It is very highly rated. I'll let you know how it is when I get it tomorrow

Poleaxe

I love the H&S face paint in the cream. You can't feel it on or does it run off. I sweat a lot most days walking 3-4 miles and it stays on great. Most importantly I can still dip with facepaint. I ain't getting a net and cutting a mouth hole out.

memphistiger02

I have an older underarmour half mesh mask and I love it. I wanted to buy one for my wife and they dont make it anymore. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Poleaxe on March 10, 2018, 08:23:09 AM
I love the H&S face paint in the cream. You can't feel it on or does it run off. I sweat a lot most days walking 3-4 miles and it stays on great. Most importantly I can still dip with facepaint. I ain't getting a net and cutting a mouth hole out.
I am still using some old Fred Bear face paint from the 70's or 80's. Yep I'm cheap!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tha bugman

I really like the Banded Brand that I got just prior to season.  Sorry if I have already mentioned this one.

outdoorsmen

I been using the MAD mask for years and like it. Also wear the rhino skink hood under it.