turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Weather?

Started by SouthernThunder, April 11, 2011, 09:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernThunder

I was just wondering how the weather affects a turkeys behavior...does it play a major role or am I just making excuses? LOL

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

sugarray

I think you are making excuses,  :P

No way man, it plays a huge role.  How long they stay in the tree, where they go once they fly down, where they roost, how vocal they are.  Everything they do.  They are still creatures of habit and comfort though, so keep getting out there and figure them out, you'll get him!

gunnerj

MAJOR!!! They've got to live in it. They don't get to go home to their nice warm house, kick back and relax. They get to hold on to a limb for dear life in a 30 mph wind all night.  :anim_25:

scastle

i had alot of luck in open feilds in and after rain, i have alwaye wanted to know where they go in certain times of the year? my deer hunting spot in the fall you wont see a turkey,on another farm across the co. you wont see them in the spring

stinkpickle

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week were beautiful around here.  70 degrees, sunny and clear...and the birds stopped gobbling 15 minutes after flydown.  On Thursday, it turned cold, cloudy, rainy, and breezy...and they decided to gobble all morning long.  They worked better, too...

WyoHunter

Congrats on the nice gobbler stinkp!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!