Main Menu

Sumtoy pattern with lot #300326

Started by Mossy517, April 11, 2011, 07:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy517

40yrds. (range target)
Sumtoy .675
3.5" 2.25oz #7s (Lot#300326)
I got borrowed the Sumtoy again to put a few more rounds though it. I am pleased with what I got.

HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

OLE RASPY

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Mossy517

Yep, Looks like I will have to get with William, I may have a few guys interested in buys a few chokes. Want to work with him to work up a card choke too

cannonball

fountain

He was into card chokes long before turkey chokes ...trust me ..I saw the guns and what they will do with his chokes.   He can make a mean turkey shoot gun..and apparently some mean turkey killing guns.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ok what gun are we talking about here?  I'm assuming we are talking about the Moss 835. 

But that's a super count pattern. 

Mossy517

Yep, Mossberg 835. 24" barrel. Deep cleaned, my barrel is no where near perfect. It has some pitting near the chamber as well. This was also after shooting some lead loads, trying out the new knoxx stock. There was no cleaning whatsoever between shots, so dirty barrel and choke.

This choke even did pretty well with the winnies, 3.5" supreme #5 lead loads

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Mossy517 on April 11, 2011, 11:37:40 AM
Yep, Mossberg 835. 24" barrel. Deep cleaned, my barrel is no where near perfect. It has some pitting near the chamber as well. This was also after shooting some lead loads, trying out the new knoxx stock. There was no cleaning whatsoever between shots, so dirty barrel and choke.

This choke even did pretty well with the winnies, 3.5" supreme #5 lead loads

It's just hard to beat those 835 .775 overbored barrels.  They just shoot now.  That pattern is what I call outstanding from any gun with those numbers from that load.  When you get 300, or better with that load is super in all reality.  315 or more is very hard to obtain I can tell you that.  And 325 is even more impressive yet.  Hang on to that gun and don't ever part with it.  I told myself years agao when I bought my Moss 835 and later sold my Browning Gold 3.5" semi that I would never ever get rid of it.  It just shoots too dang good for me to part with.  I love my 870, and it may be my personal favorite, but my 835 is the best overall shooter.  

goblr77

Great pattern with the Sumtoy. Gotta love the 835's.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I would also be curious just to see if a .670 choke would even beat those numbers.  It would be neat to compare the 2 on the same day and under the same conditions. 

Mossy517

It would be neat, but I cannot afford it...LOL
I would think William, could or may have already tried it.I don't know what lot # he has been shooting, but he did post a good supply of shells a few weeks back. Maybe he will see this and reply.

I know I dont need anything tighter than this, I will say that I posted up a pattern a few weeks ago that was with the newer lot and I think those #'s were around 230?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well thanks for sharing that great pattern with us.  I may have to stop in from time to to view it again if you know what I mean.   :z-guntootsmiley:

archery1

any patterns with the 3" hevi shells????with the mossberg 835
Take a kid hunting

Mossy517

Bring me the shell and Ill shoot it....LOL

Or I could get the choke and come to you, you have place to shoot?