OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another critique (soundfile)

Started by eorlando, April 07, 2017, 12:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eorlando

Alright I have been practicing more and feel like this sounds better than the last one I posted. Please tell me how this sounds. This is a Buice Black and White Ebony with a number 5 mouthpiece. I have only been playing about 2 months.

Listen to Buice Black and White Ebony by Eric Orlando #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/eric-orlando-208186512/buice-black-and-white-ebony

20170404_162031 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

20170404_162013 by Eric Orlando, on Flickr

gergg

Didn't listen to your earlier recording, but this one will work.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

chefrific

I'm no expert, but it sounds good.  Maybe relax your jaw/lips a little and soften the yelps out when you need to.
Hard to explain, but I draw air in to the back of my throat, kind of like I'm 'drinking' air through a straw, instead of 'kissing' or smacking the call. 

M Sharpe

Quote from: chefrific on April 07, 2017, 01:47:56 PM
Hard to explain, but I draw air in to the back of my throat, kind of like I'm 'drinking' air through a straw, instead of 'kissing' or smacking the call.
Excellent advice!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Terry

I agree with the above but I'll add this, I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with what you are doing now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

Eric,

Your doing very well for being at it for 2 months......VERY WELL !

Try your number 4 mouthpiece.....Try to let YOUR air flow/draw break the call over, rather then you forcing it.....

Relax your lips & just draw air into the back of your throat.....Think of the word "oak" for deeper sounds and "teak" for a higher pitched sounds....

Keep up the great work.... :icon_thumright:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

eorlando

Zumer,
Thanks for commenting. Those instructions you sent me really helped as well as practice, practice, and more practice. With a little luck maybe I will have it laying next to a longbeard in the morning.

eorlando

Thanks to everyone else that has commented as well.

Terry, gregg, and chefrific it's nice to hear that you think I could kill a bird with it. It definitely gives me the confidence to use it in the woods.