OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SSX and Hevi #7

Started by countryboy478, April 06, 2017, 06:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryboy478

Tried some Hevi #7 out of my 21in Remington 870 with SSX choke. Heres the results. 266 in the 10.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

BandedSpur

That's what I'm talking about.

beakbuster10

I'm asking a serious question that has perplexed me for a long time when looking at these threads, were you aiming at the big black dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

countryboy478

I was. Only had one shell left to shoot with that choke.

beakbuster10

Quote from: countryboy478 on April 06, 2017, 02:44:58 PM
I was. Only had one shell left to shoot with that choke.

That's what I figured. What I don't get about a lot of posts like this is it seems poi and poa always differ. I assume you guys resight to adjust for that but it seems like no one ever posts up those results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

countryboy478

I never adjusted bbecause I'm going to shoot magblends. Here is a pic of one of my magblends pattern.

tha bugman

Oconeeguy

Its been my experience that the core of the pattern could differ with different chokes and different loads. SSX is the only choke that shoots to POA of any combo in my BPS invector +

chatterbox

That dog will hunt!
Great pattern!
I was getting about the same out of my 835 and SSX when I shot a 12

BINK McCARTY

Hunt with either one...but you would be better served shooting the blend.

snodswinger89

pdaugherty

I love the strait 7s, I've shot them ever since Hevi came out with them and killed piles of birds. 40yds and in they are devastating. That MagBlend pattern looks very nice, I'd probably go with that one if it was my gun. Either will work though.

bbcoach

Was that a 3" or 3 1/2"?  I would stick with the 7's, better pattern density, but the Magblends will get it done as well.